Software Engineering Team Lead - Cloud
Product – Engineering /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
As an Engineering Team Lead, you will contribute to apps that help 20 million people around the world using the Atlassian tools make better software. You will lead a brand new team practicing continuous delivery. You'll be a hands-on, experienced full stack engineer who is comfortable shipping to production daily and also working with more traditional software delivery. As you grow your team of engineers, you'll be mentoring, coaching and using our development framework to help individuals increase their impact. The team's tech stack is made of Java, Groovy, ReactJS and Typescript, however we will consider candidates with experience in other technologies.
As well as leading a team of engineers you'll work closely with product managers and leadership to build a roadmap to deliver quality features and fixes to our customers. You'll be managing the balance of your individual contributions and supporting your team in delivery. As the most senior engineer on the team, you'll be responsible for facilitating solution design, building on the knowledge and skills in the team as well as reaching out to other engineering teams for input. You'll value autonomy, mastery, practice, doing the right thing, paying down technical debt.
Some of the things you'll be doing
- Provide a platform for developers to perform tasks of varying complexity
- Ensure the team has the right tools, technology and freedom to deliver their work and innovate
- Leading software development team following agile processes
- Hiring and/or onboarding new team members
- Mentoring, coaching and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying level of experience
- Facilitate and enable collaboration
- Align the team with product and business priorities
- Designing, writing and testing solutions
- Complex, collaborative problem solving
- Performing code peer reviews
- Writing automated tests at unit, integration and functional levels and manage code quality within the team
- Assisting with support escalations
What we're looking for
- Strong software development skills in Java
- Experience with one of the following frontend technologies: TypeScript, ReactJS, Vue.js, AngularJS
- Experience leading or managing a team
- Experience with mentoring and coaching engineers
- Experience of Agile Methodologies
- Knowledge of implementing and running CI / CD
- Experience working on Cloud infrastructure, such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure or other equivalent infrastructure
- Understanding micro-services oriented architecture with extensible REST APIs
It would be great if you have
- Atlassian Ecosystem experience
- Any kind of plugin development experience
- Leading of agile ceremonies
- AWS Certified
- Experience developing applications with serverless architecture
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!