Software Engineering Team Lead
Kuala Lumpur /
Product – Engineering - ScriptRunner Apps (Server and DC) /
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
You will lead a brand new team practicing continuous delivery. You will be a hands-on, experienced full stack engineer who is comfortable shipping to production multiple times a day. Your team will be responsible to ensure that our product is available to our customers.
Growing and developing your team of engineers is your responsibility so you'll be hiring, mentoring, coaching and using your people development framework to help your teammates increase their impact.
What you'll be doing
- Practise a build, measure, learn mindset for the team to deliver the most value in the shortest time for customers and the business.
- Provide a platform for developers to perform tasks of varying complexity
- Ensure the team has the right tools, technology and freedom to deliver their work and innovate
- Leading software development team following agile processes
- Hiring and/or onboarding new team members
- Mentoring, coaching and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying level of experience
- Align the team with product and business priorities
- Designing, writing and testing solutions.
- Performing code peer reviews and pair programming
- Complex, collaborative problem solving
- Assisting with support escalation to ensure our product is available to the customers.
What we're looking for:
- Strong software development skills in one backend technology (Java, Groovy, Python) and one of the following frontend technologies (TypeScript, ReactJS, Vue.js , AngularJS) - Full Stack Developer
- Experience leading or managing an agile team
- Experience collaborating with & coaching more junior engineers
- Knowledge of implementing and running CI / CD
- Experience working on Cloud infrastructure, such as AWS infrastructure or other equivalent infrastructure
- Understanding micro-services oriented architecture with extensible REST APIs
A few nice to haves:
- Atlassian Ecosystem experience
- Strong experience in Java, Groovy, ReactJS and Typescript
- Any kind of plugin development experience
- Experience developing applications with serverless architecture
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!