Head of Pre-Sales and Solutions
Services – Client Services /
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Working at Adaptavist
Adaptavist’s mission is to help organisations embrace the right tools, processes, and culture to make transformation their competitive advantage. And it all starts with you.
Working at Adaptavist is unlike any other job you’ve ever had. We trust you from day one. We encourage curiosity. We champion diversity. We’re never afraid to try something new.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that you can now fit work around your life, instead of trying to fit your life around work. You can even take as many holidays as you want. Yes, really!
As part of The Adaptavist Group, we make up a family of brands that combine people, processes, and technology to make businesses better. Offering trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing, we believe our unique and open culture underpins our status as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Some of our benefits include:
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
As the Customer Success Advocates team, we form a core part of all Pre-Sales activities at Adaptavist. Our members are based in EMEA and North America and sit within our Client Services team. We’re constantly looking to evolve our offering and contribute to providing a healthy sales pipeline to enable our consultants to do their best work day in, day out and satisfy our clients’ needs. We pride ourselves on being a technically strong, supportive and friendly semi-autonomous team who work closely with our sales and account management teams.
Our remote-first culture means that you’re not required to come to the office but we are looking for someone who is based in the area and available to commute to our office if needed.
The hiring manager for this role is Harp Athwal, our Head of Client Services.
About the role
Do you want to lead a talented team, and help them to deliver first-class Pre-Sales solutions to our clients across the globe? Are you passionate about strategy, collaboration and helping clients solve their problems with technology? If so, this role might be the perfect next step in your career journey.
This role will see you leading the team who manage all Pre-Sales activity at Adaptavist: your team will define how we onboard new clients and introduce them to the technical solutions they’re looking for through the Professional and Managed Services the Adaptavist Group offers.
What you'll be doing
- Leading an expert and consultative pre-sales function who champion the key practices at Adaptavist: Agile, DevOps, Work Management (tooling), ITSM and Cloud
- implement a strategy for measuring customer success for all Adaptavist Group services customers and help them meet their technical needs
- Ensuring effective cross-department collaboration with our Account Management and Solution Sales teams to foster strategic relationships for the benefit of the customer
- Building strong processes to get customer feedback and report the findings to The Adaptavist Group
- Setting, balancing and reporting on priorities and objectives for the team
- Mentoring and coaching direct reports to set objectives and to create and execute development plans
- Managing pre-sales opportunities, ensuring each one has the relevant team member assigned in a timely fashion through your team leads
- Ensuring effective cross-department collaboration with Account Management and Solution Sales teams to foster strategic relationships for the benefit of the customer
- Improving our operational practices to better outcomes across services-focused business units and departments and constantly improving our customer journey
What we're looking for
- Proven experience leading a customer success, pre-sales, account management or professional services team
- Deep knowledge of one or more of The Adaptavist Group practices - ITSM, DevOps, Agile, Cloud or Work Management
- Professional Services experience with working knowledge of Adaptavist’s partner technologies (for example Atlassian, Gitlab, Sonatype, AWS, Monday.com and more)
- Proven experience working with Senior Management and C-level stakeholders to deliver on programmes of work
- Experience leading or managing multiple teams and coaching Team Leads on how to grow and optimize their work
- Solid knowledge of Atlassian technologies and solutions
- Working knowledge of Adaptavist’s partner technologies and solutions (Gitlab, Sonatype, AWS, Aha!, and more)
- An appreciation and ability to represent The Adaptavist Group’s values of Trust, Pragmatism, Teamwork, Humility, Principles and Curiosity
- Familiarity with different frameworks and models
- Fluency in additional languages or experience working with a global team is a welcome bonus
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
We look forward to your application!