Senior Solution Engineer
Adaptavist - Business Services – Business Development - Presales (EMEA) /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
About the role
As a Senior Solution Engineer, you will engage with clients using a consultative approach at all levels of the customer business to discover their challenges and provide potential solutions. Technical knowledge of the services and how they impact a client’s existing infrastructure and solutions are critical to guide the discussion.
Working with various stakeholders across The Adaptavist Group and customers, the Senior Solution Engineer will use strong relationship management and rapport-building skills to build stories and narratives around our product and service solutions. This role will be critical in moving qualified opportunities for existing and potential new Adaptavist Group customers forward. This will include working closely with our Account Management teams through the sales process and collaborating in developing strategic account plans, gathering metrics, reporting, and coordinating with delivery teams in The Adaptavist Group.
The Senior Solution Engineer will also participate in promoting The Adaptavist Group at various industry events where appropriate.
What you'll be doing
- Solutions Architecture
- Collaborate with Account Managers and Sales to develop strategic and technical sales opportunities
- Attend and support sales calls from a technical solution architect perspective to advance qualified opportunities
- Use consultative techniques to conduct in-depth technical discovery with potential new and existing customers
- Work with account managers and sales to develop Problem Statements for typical engagements and develop Solution Sheets for qualified opportunities
- Work with Account Managers to expand reach in key accounts by positioning additional products and services offered by the Adaptavist Group
- Engage with communities and gain deep knowledge in at least one of the key Adaptavist practices - Cloud, ITSM, DevOps, Agile, and Work Management
- Identify future opportunities for The Adaptavist Group within a practice
- Drive client retention by developing and maintaining trusted advisor status through high-level business conversations
- Assist The Adaptavist Group stakeholders in developing a range of technical solutions and packages that will address customer needs
- Support The Adaptavist Group in fostering expansion in existing key accounts using our technical expertise
- Coordinate with various colleagues on customer solution proposal development
- Participate in quarterly business reviews of key accounts and engagements
- Leverage The Adaptavist Group's reach to build and expand industry contacts both internal and external
- Utilise The Adaptavist Group CRM of choice to record customer interactions, analyse account information and plan strategic actions based on customer needs
- Customer Advocacy
- Assist The Adaptavist Group Marketing in developing practice-led campaigns
- Actively participate in customer retrospectives by working with Account Managers, Project Managers and Delivery to ensure a positive outcome
- Build and run customer demonstrations of Adaptavist solutions and the many partners Adaptavist work with, including Aha, Atlassian, Slack, GitLab, Cloudbees, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and Azure (to name a few)
- Participate in industry and customer events where required
- Provide thought leadership throughout The Adaptavist Group and to the group’s portfolio of customers
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to plan, develop and execute tactical actions within key accounts to support account plan outcomes
- Seek opportunities for business development through objective competitor analysis
- Utilise strong communication skills to communicate complex technical messages to varied stakeholders and audiences using appropriate language and tools
- Work on behalf of the customer to ensure the delivery engagement is addressing the agreed-upon problem statement
What we're looking for
- Broad knowledge of current and emerging practices in the digital workplace
- Deep knowledge of Atlassian technologies and solutions
- Proven experience in delivering client-focused solutions
- Strong consultation skills
- Ability to address unidentified, underlying and long-term customer needs and services in addition to specific service requests.
- Fully embrace The Adaptavist Group Values of Trust; Pragmatism; Teamwork; Humility; Principles, and Curiosity
- Recognise and value the contributions of all team members.
- Proficient communicator in both written and oral presentations using appropriate clear communication skills
- Fluent Italian and English language
A few nice to haves
- Deep knowledge of two or more of The Adaptavist Group practices - Cloud, ITSM, DevOps, Agile or Work Management
- Fluency in additional languages
- Working knowledge of Adaptavist’s partner technologies and solutions (Gitlab, Sonatype, AWS, Aha!, and more)
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!