Full Stack Engineer
Remote (UK) / London
ScriptRunner – Product Development - Product Engineering /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
ScriptRunner is an Add-on that helps solve the challenges that users face every day within the Atlassian Ecosystem. It automates bulk actions, creates scripted fields, and helps develop distinct workflows. It makes team collaboration easy by ensuring that the work they do is visible across all the teams.
About the role
As a Software Engineer within the ScriptRunner team, you will contribute to apps that help 20 million people around the world who use the Atlassian tools, enabling them to get the most out of their products and enhancing their overall experience.
Your responsibilities will involve building and maintaining our flagship ScriptRunner products. You will be expected to support your immediate team and also work independently to create, maintain and improve current and future ScriptRunner products and services.
You will collaborate with Product Managers and other engineers throughout the Product Lifecycle to define, build, test and deploy application features and improvements.
What you'll be doing
Analysis & Investigation
- Perform root cause analysis to understand key, underlying causes of customer issues
- Debugging technical issues and formulate hypotheses
- Perform impact analysis and report on vulnerabilities
- Communicate with customers and stakeholders to gain a deeper understanding of escalated technical issues
- Write clean, readable code
- Write robust automated tests
- Review other engineers code for quality and security
- Collaborate with other Engineers in design and implementation of high quality solutions
- Contribute to delivery of improved software delivery pipeline
- Help foster an open atmosphere within the team
- Support and guide colleagues without judgment
- Embracing a continuous improvement mindset
What we're looking for
- Strong software development skills in one backend technology (Java, Groovy)
- Experience working in a team environment
- Experience of agile methodologies
- Knowledge of working in CI environment
- Understanding service oriented architecture with extensible APIs
- Knowledge and interest in source code management with GIT
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!