Full Stack Engineer
Remote (UK) / London
ScriptRunner – Product Development - Product Engineering /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
ScriptRunner is an Add-on that helps solve the challenges that users face every day within the Atlassian Ecosystem. It automates bulk actions, creates scripted fields, and helps develop distinct workflows. It makes team collaboration easy by ensuring that the work they do is visible across all the teams.
About the role
The role will involve building new features, improving and running the existing ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud product, delivering changes using continuous integration and deployment, and using creative thinking to investigate and problem-solve customer requirements.
You’ll be working in the ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud team. You'll participate in Agile ceremonies like standups, ticket estimation and retrospectives, as well as peer code reviews and pairing programming sessions. Your input will help shape the engineering decisions and practices of the team.
What you'll be doing
Investigating and problem-solving
- Researching and documenting how a feature or customer requirement can be built within the constraints of Atlassian’s Connect and Forge platforms
- Designing the systems/services that need to be built in order to implement the solutions to customer requirements
Building and testing serverless applications
- Defining application stacks
- Implementing business logic and corresponding unit/integration/performance tests
- Creating automated build and deployment plans
Running, monitoring and debugging services
- Configuring useful monitoring and alarms
- Analysing logs and metrics for performance, behaviour patterns, and to investigate customer support queries.
What we're looking for
- Fluency in one of Java and Typescript.
- Understanding of high-availability, fault-tolerant, scalable, distributed systems
- Excellent organisational, prioritisation and communication skills
- Willingness to learn fullstack development (particularly Java or React if you’re not familiar with both of them already)
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!