Engineering Team Lead
Remote (UK) / London
ScriptRunner – Product Development - Product Engineering /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
Some of our global benefits include;
- Unlimited Holiday
- Pension matching up to 5%
- Employee assistance programme
- Udemy Online Learning
- Volunteer Days
- Flexible working hours
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Season ticket loan
- Eye Care Vouchers
- Life Assurance
- Income Protection Scheme
- Private Medical with Bupa
- Bring your dog to work
- Adaptavist Rewards
About the team
ScriptRunner is an Add-on that helps solve the challenges that users face every day within the Atlassian Ecosystem. It automates bulk actions, creates scripted fields, and helps develop distinct workflows. It makes team collaboration easy by ensuring that the work they do is visible across all the teams.
About the role
The role of an Engineering Team Lead will help shape and define the Engineering culture alongside the other Team Leads and Engineering Managers. This position will work alongside an Engineering Manager and the wider Product team locally and remotely to shape the technical exploration and product developments in new ecosystems.
In addition to leading a team of engineers, you'll work closely with product managers and leadership to build a roadmap to deliver new prototypes and Minimum Viable Products to our customers. You'll be managing the balance of your individual contributions and supporting your team in delivery. As the most senior engineer on the team, you'll be responsible for facilitating solution design, technical liaison with our ecosystem partners as well as reaching out to other engineering teams for input. Most importantly, you will be a servant leader to your team.
What you'll be doing
- Lead software development team following agile processes
- Practice a build, measure, learn mindset for the team to deliver the most value in the shortest time for customers and the business.
- Provide a platform for developers to perform tasks of varying complexity
- Ensure the team has the right tools, technology and freedom to deliver their work and innovate
- Deliver updates to key stakeholders
- Hiring and onboarding new team members
- Mentoring, coaching and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying levels of experience
- Work with direct reports to agree on objectives and to create and support development plans
- Facilitate and enable collaboration
- Align the team with product and business priorities
- Own and drive new prototypes and MVP development from discovery, design, implementation, and testing to deployment and monitoring.
- Perform technical exploration and qualification of new ecosystems. Liaise with our ecosystem partners.
- Create a platform, or improve existing platforms to build new, innovative prototypes and MVP as needed
What we're looking for
- Experience in Agile Methodologies.
- Experience in solution architecture and design
- Experience with using CI/CD to deliver software
- Experience leading and managing a software engineering team.
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers
- Experience of using Jira for issue tracking and sprint management
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!