Principal Agile Consultant
Services – Solutions Strategy /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
The Principal Agile Consultant builds a deep understanding of senior stakeholder requirements to their digital transformation aspirations and efforts to date. You will develop and implement transformational change programmes for large scale enterprise clients, focusing on Agile processes and methodologies. You will also utilize both technology and change management principles to support the client’s overall aims, while guiding the client through the adoption of process and culture change with regards to Agile methodologies.
What you'll be doing
- Act as an Agile Evangelist to Influence senior leadership on the culture change required to shift to an Agile methodology and mind set.
- Apply strong business consultant skills to determine the client's key drivers with regards to transformational change Develop and deploy a transformational strategy for clients in line with their overall aims
- Determine success metrics and measurements with the client to showcase and report on Agile practice adoption
- Apply Agile subject matter expertise to coach client on Agile processes, practices and engineering ecosystem
- Creation of communication methods and tools to guide and update clients working through an Agile change process
- Provide expertise coaching to specific Agile roles in the client’s team: Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Product Managers in line with overall deliverables
- Deployment of Agile team maturity assessments for clients and creation of coaching plans to support overall change initiative.
- Mentor less experienced Adaptavist staff in Agile methodologies and digital transformation approaches
What we're looking for
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively (problem-solving skills)Has the drive and aptitude to manage a broad range of responsibilities
- Likeable interpersonal and communication skills
- Articulate and persuasive
- Excellent consultancy skills: Elicitation of business and technical requirements
- Differentiating what is needed from what is wanted
- Able to work effectively with developers and execs -- and all folks in between
- Experience working with different Agile methodologies like Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programming (XP), Lean etc.
- Strong experience with regards to guiding large, enterprise customers through transformational change management
- Ownership of key client relationships with senior executives In-depth understanding and certifications in scaling frameworks (e.g. SAFe SPC, LeSS, DaD, etc.)
- Experience working as a Scrum master and/or Business Analyst/Consultant on large scale Agile projects
- Broad experience working on agile projects large and small (product management, leading teams, architecture, patterns, coding, testing, deployment)
- Agile coaching supporting teams to adopt Agile practises
- Strong skills in TDD and BDD
- Experience with both cloud and server platforms and SaaS, PaaS, IaaS
A few nice to haves
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Experience in Agile Project Management/Portfolio Planning using Jira or other enterprise agile planning toolsIn-depth understanding and certifications in scaling frameworks (e.g. SAFe SPC, LeSS, DaD, etc.)
- Collaborative and proactive
- Commercial awareness
- Willingness to learnIndustry recognition as being a subject matter expert
- Experience implementing and/or using Jira Align / Agile craft
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!