Kuala Lumpur /
Business Services – Platform /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
As a cloud engineer, you will help us to build tools and platforms to support a rapidly growing business. You will be exposed to Adaptavist’s internal systems as well as our product development teams, working to improve our processes whilst also developing as an authority on best practice in delivery and operations of software and supporting infrastructure.
You will be using numerous orchestration, configuration management and software development tools - picking the right tool for the job. We practice continuous delivery so you have to be comfortable shipping to production daily.
What you'll be doing
- Day to day you will be designing and implementing solutions for numerous parts of Adaptavist from internal IT to our SaaS products, you may even be called upon by our consultants to assist them in client work. Because of the nature of the team and its work, your responsibilities are wide-ranging and evolving however, we can highlight some common themes.
- Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Review and upgrade internal systems
- Consult with other teams to assist them in designing their infrastructure and pipelines.
- Develop composable infrastructure-as-code (IAC)
- Be an authority in SME/DevOps/Development best practices
- Help develop self-service tools, enabling engineers and non-engineers alike.
What we're looking for
- AWS (Most but not all are expected)
- Security (CloudTrail, SecurityHub, GuardDuty)
- Control Tower or Landing Zone
- Workload Segmentation:
- VPCs (Peers)
- Ansible or some other configuration management tool.
- Microservice architectures
A few nice to haves
- Testing infrastructure (we know it is hard)
- Jenkins / Bamboo / BitBucket Cloud / Gitlab (or other CI)
- Worked on large distributed workloads
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!