Engineering Team Lead
ScriptRunner – Product Development - Product Engineering /
Working at Adaptavist
The Adaptavist Group is a global family of companies with a common goal. We combine the best of teamwork, technology, and processes, helping all kinds of businesses be better today and tomorrow.
We are experts at delivering enterprise software, tailored solutions, and quality services across some of the world’s most trusted technology ecosystems, including Atlassian, AWS, Slack, GitLab, Monday.com and Aha!
We make change happen. From anywhere.
Our flexible, remote-first way of working means that work can fit around your life, rather than your life fitting around work.
As part of The Adaptavist Group, we make up a family of brands that combine people, processes, and technology to make businesses better. Offering trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing, we believe our unique and open culture underpins our status as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
Some of our benefits in Canada include:
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Canada Life Care including Life Insurance, Healthcare and Dental Care
- RRSP matching up to 4%
- Flexible working
- Udemy online learning
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Employee assistance programme
- Volunteer days
- Free online streaming service subscription
About the role
The Engineering Team Lead will help shape and define the Engineering culture alongside the other Team Leads and Engineering Managers. You will work alongside an Engineering Manager and the wider Product team locally and remotely to shape the development of ScriptRunner for Confluence DC product
In addition to leading a team of engineers, you'll work closely with product managers and leadership to build a roadmap to deliver quality features and fixes to our customers. You'll be managing the balance of your individual contributions and supporting your team in delivery. As the team lead, you'll be responsible for the technical direction of the team, coaching and mentoring the team, and completing code reviews as required
What you'll be doing
- Leading a software development team following agile processes
- Practicing a build, measure, learn mindset for the team to deliver the most value in the shortest time for customers and the business
- Providing a platform for developers to perform tasks of varying complexity
- Ensuring the team has the right tools, technology, and freedom to deliver their work and innovate
- Delivering updates to key stakeholders
- Hiring and onboarding new team members
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing a team of Software Engineers of varying levels of experience
- Working with direct reports to agree on objectives and to create and support development plans
- Facilitating and enabling collaboration
- Aligning the team with product and business priorities
- Owning and driving new functionality from discovery, design, implementation, and testing to deployment and monitoring
- Investigating problems, identifying root causes, fixing and documenting issues, and implementing preventive measures
- Analysing logs and metrics for performance and behaviour to identify and solve issues before they start impacting the platform
- Providing escalation support for our product following our support process
What we're looking for
- Experience in Agile Methodologies, preferably in playing the role of ScrumMasterExperience with using CI/CD to deliver software
- Experience leading and managing a software engineering team
- Experience in mentoring junior engineers
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us.
Check out our WORK180 page
Check out our Flexa page
We look forward to your application!