Managed Services, Team Lead
Services – Managed Services /
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
As the Managed Services Team Lead, you will be responsible for managing a team of Systems Engineers and Application Administrators who provide Managed Services to our clients. In this role you will lead a team that provides a market leading service to our clients, ensuring that KPIs are met, supporting technical development and building/maintaining effective relationships with other key departments.
This role involves day-to-day line management of direct reports who will be working across a wide variety of client services. You will ensure our services are closely tailored to client needs, whilst also ensuring quality standards and acting as a point of technical and client escalation.
You will support the personal growth and career development of the team and future roles at Adaptavist. The primary function of this role will be to support and manage the team on a day to day basis and the role will also support pre-sales activities, proposal creation and improving/deploying internal department processes as required.
What you'll be doing
- Line manage and lead a team of Systems Engineers and Application Administrators with various levels of skills and seniority working across a variety of client engagements
- Communicate effectively in a variety of formats with both internal and external audiences to convey status, project findings, updates and recommendations as needed
- Support pre-sale activities and develop client proposals that align client requirements with Adaptavist’s range of Managed Service offerings
- Collaborate with internal and client team members regarding business issues and potential solutions
- Support and guide direct reports on performance and career development issues in line with Adaptavist’s performance and career development frameworks
- Mentor team members on projects and their wider personal development as needed
- Support operational aspects of team projects including planning engagements; resource management and monitoring against progress
- Control both the quality and schedule with regards to deliverables against contractual SLAs
- Negotiating successfully to resolve individual team and conflicts
What we're looking for
- Delivering client-focused technical solutions Line management experience within a highly technical environment
- Communicative experience in various formats with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of helping teams achieve their personal goals and clear examples of influencing the growth and development of the team
- An analytical mindset obtained from extensive hands-on experience in a technical setting
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and interpersonal skills
- An ability to think innovatively and creatively
- Drive and aptitude to manage a broad range of responsibilities
- Interest in helping and inspiring colleagues whilst under pressure
- The ability to read and understand Statements of Work (SOWs) and Master Services Agreements and translate these into Managed Services
- A broad knowledge of the computing landscape with the ability to discuss trends and new developments with a technical audience
A few nice to haves
- Atlassian accreditation and/or one or more Atlassian certifications
- Experience managing remote teams, sometimes across multiple time zones
- Experience of being at the sharp-end of a major Infrastructure-as-a-Service provider, for example Amazon Web Services, and in-depth knowledge of Operating Systems, networking, security, storage , etc.
- ITIL certification
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!