Senior Marketing Designer
New York, NY
As Senior Marketing Designer you manage the creative arm of the marketing department and work under the direction of the VP of Marketing leading creative projects to ensure that all graphics, logos, illustrations, and communications adhere to Adaptly brand policy and quality standards. The ideal candidate will have exceptional digital/interactive design skills, interpersonal savvy, and unmatched creativity.
You will be responsible for developing and overseeing the broader application of the Adaptly brand for all types of creative solutions. Adaptly's Marketing team works in a variety of creative mediums, from print to digital to video and illustration, and for a diverse range of purposes and audiences.
This role requires you translate desired moods, messages, concepts, and underdeveloped ideas into galvanized creative solutions. You will be expected to take the creative lead on a range of projects from conception through to management of production and delivery on time and on budget, while directing and mentoring junior team members. This varied role requires you be responsible for solidifying the vision of the Adaptly brand and positioning, to ensure a clear effective company voice that supports the business objectives.
The appropriate candidate will have experience working on a range of creative projects from packaging to digital design to editorial print layouts, collateral, video, pitch decks and more. They will oversee the application of the Adaptly brand to ensure all creative projects are high quality, delivered on time and on budget.
If you love inspiring people and are excited for the opportunity to influence clients, prospects, and candidates to choose Adaptly, enjoy working collaboratively with a diverse marketing team, and are passionate about the dynamic and changing social media landscape, this role could be the perfect fit.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conceptualizing campaign visions and executing them across Adaptly’s print and digital channels.
- Providing creative direction to the Adaptly Marketing design staff.
- Initiating, designing and developing creative concepts; from ideation to final production, including consulting with and sourcing appropriate vendors.
- Overseeing and consulting on the visual and technical web experience.
- Working with entire team to create a unified brand understanding of the multiple business divisions of Adaptly.
- Prepping for digital: design email templates, designing custom dedicated emails, lead design team in fulfilling ongoing marketing requests.
- Recommending photo + video for use across web + social for a range of other mediums across all of Adaptly’s touchpoints.
- Managing Adaptly’s international creative guidelines and collateral requests making sure to communicate priorities across all relevant departments.
- Meeting creative cost standards by monitoring expenses; implementing cost-saving actions.
- Obtaining team approval by presenting final layouts, storyboards, and illustrations; responding to internal commentary and requests.
- Staying up to date with industry trends, social media knowledge is a plus
- Updating job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- This is a multidisciplinary design role with huge opportunity to initiate and drive creative projects independently, limited only by the candidates own ideas.
- Associate of Fine Arts, Graphic Design or related field is required; Bachelor of Fine Arts, Graphic Design or related degree is preferred
- Minimum 3 years work experience as a Senior Designer
- Experience using Photoshop ®, InDesign ®, After Effects ®, Illustrator ® and/or Acrobat ®
- Experience with website usability and web design, email design best practices, understanding of HTML/CSS, and CMS experience is a plus
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, manages multiple priorities, and demonstrates exceptional organizational and communication skills
- Experience creating social media and SEO-friendly content along with other writing skills is a plus
- Experience with multimedia: audio, video, animation, and streaming technologies and related software is highly desirable
- Be self-motivated and a good team player
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Have a strong sense of account ownership and pride in work
- Link to a portfolio or website is required