Product Manager Intern
New York, NY
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to the financial world. Addepar aggregates data from the largest financial institutions in the world and provides design-driven web-based enterprise software for wealth advisors, asset managers, and institutional back offices. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With scalable and customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant portfolio analyses and performance metrics to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More than 200 single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations track more than $550 billion of assets on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
As a Product Manager at Addepar, you are responsible for building the tools that are transforming the wealth management industry. Product Managers at Addepar sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might prototype a new feature, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and implementation of our software.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have experience building software products and taking ideas from conception to launch. You are passionate about both using technology to solve problems in a user-centric way. You have a passion for our industry solving the big problems of data aggregation, investment analysis, product design, and enterprise enablement in the finance industry.
- Own the specification and delivery of a product feature related to the support of financial assets on Addepar
- Prioritize potential projects through demonstrating the value to our current or future users
- Challenge prevailing assumptions about how problems can be solved
- Work closely with engineering, design, and business team members on development of requirements and feature definition
- Understand Addepar’s strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Work directly with out clients to unearth pain points and understand their most pressing needs
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: sales, deployments, PMs, designers, engineers, managers
- User-focus - solve our current and prospective users problems with a focus on jobs-to-be-done
- Understanding of asset management concepts and mathematics
- Self-starter that can both identify and solve problems
- Analytical ability - be entrepreneurial in taking a data-based approach
- Previous experience in finance-related or enterprise software development