Technical Program Manager - Data
New York, NY
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency, so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More than 200 single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations track more than $550 billion of assets on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will be working closely with Addepar’s Data Build teams, made up of world-class engineers working on Financial data modeling, management & processing services. You will use your project management skills to help plan, prioritize, and communicate technical programs that these teams undertake. You will coordinate cross-functional projects across various product and backend teams, in addition to assisting the Data teams in various hands-on automation and data science tasks.
- Plan and prioritize technical programs that span multiple teams within the organization, to provide financial data to Addepar’s customers in a quick, robust, and accurate manner.
- Work with the Data Engineering, Business, and Product leads to plan a technical program roadmap, including quarterly goals, and communicate this strategy effectively across the organization.
- Contribute to the Data Build teams’ tactical progress against the roadmap. Facilitate sprint planning, tracking, coordination, and communication.
- Define and track metrics to track execution based on sprint plans, as well as quarterly goals.
- Work with the product and backend engineering teams to ensure infrastructure-focused features are built into the roadmap, and that your technical programs are properly prioritized to meet Product needs. Identify areas of potential risk and communicate them to the team.
- Iterate on and own internal company tools and analyses to help achieve team goals. Assist the Data Build teams in building process automation.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in product and project management
- 2+ years of experience in financial services
- Experience working with extremely fast paced, interrupt driven teams
- Experience working with software development teams
- In depth understanding of software engineering concepts
- [Bonus] Experience with complex, large scale ETL processes
- [Bonus] Exposure to middle/back office operations in financial services