Accounts Receivable Specialist
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency, so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More than 200 single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations track more than $550 billion of assets on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
Addepar is seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our Finance team as an important member of our growing company. We are searching for an extremely organized, self-motivated individual with strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with both internal departments as well as externally with our clients. This role will be responsible for the order-to-cash cycle.
- Accounts Receivable (A/R) - Collect necessary billing information to prepare invoices and credit memos in a timely manner. Monitor A/R aging regularly and ensure timely collection of past due balances and escalate matters as necessary. Establish A/R allowances with the necessary approvals, and reconcile A/R and related allowance for doubtful accounts on a monthly basis. Responsible for communications with clients regarding billing inquiries, contract questions and other related issues.
- Revenue – Work with the Revenue Accountant to ensure that any billing changes resulting in revenue adjustments are properly accounted for in the accounting systems. Ensure timely resolution of all invoice discrepancies by researching issues and escalating matters, as needed.
- Salesforce – Review and populate Salesforce opportunities with client-related data from legal agreements. Ensure accuracy and completeness of all opportunities/records in Salesforce and ensure that key metrics (including ARR) are properly reflected in Salesforce.
- Sales Tax – Ensure proper taxation of fees billed and timely remittance of sales tax filings. Maintain Avalara sales tax system with up-to-date information regarding nexus and sales tax registrations. Consult sales tax advisor to research sales tax discrepancies, as needed.
- Process/Systems Improvement – Identify areas to improve efficiency in processing billings and related transactions to enhance timely month-end close.
- Other – Assist with ad-hoc requests and projects as needed.
- Bachelors of Science (BS) degree in accounting or business-related field required.
- Minimum 1-3 years of A/R and/or billing/collections experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written with a customer service focus.
- Self-motivated and efficient with high standards for quality of results and processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Technically competent with ability to work productively and efficiently in a dynamic environment and be a solutions oriented team player.
- Maintains focus and positive attitude during high volume of work while multi-tasking with changing priorities.
- Intrinsic desire to seek solutions, achieve results and complete tasks.
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with Salesforce and QuickBooks is preferred.
- Experience with SaaSOptics, Avatax, NetSuite/Intacct/FinancialForce is a plus.