Senior Product Manager, Portfolio Management & Analytics
New York, NY
R&D – Product
As a Product Manager at Addepar, you will lead the development of our Portfolio Management offering, covering portfolio and reference data models, risk & performance metrics, and reporting. In this role, reporting to the Director of Product, you will have significant strategic impact and influence the direction of the company. You’ll be driving the evolution of product offerings powered by the Addepar platform with a talented team of product managers, while partnering closely with leaders across R&D and business to achieve our company objectives.
On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, conduct user research, prototype a new feature, iterate on a PRD, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and working with engineering to develop our software.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have outstanding communication and collaboration skills and are able to work with a diverse group, get consensus, and drive the product forward. You are execution focused and emphasize getting things done while paying attention to important details. You have several years of experience building software products and taking ideas through conception, development, launch, and adoption. You are passionate about using technology to solve problems in a user-centric way. You have a passion for the fintech industry and want to solve the problems of investment reporting, advisor communication, data aggregation, investment analysis, product design, and enterprise enablement.
- Define and own end-to-end product vision, strategy, and lifecycle for Addepar’s portfolio management & analytics offering. This includes: assessing market needs, creating business plans, driving build/buy/partner decisions and roadmap creation, and facilitating internal and external stakeholder communication
- Partner across product, fellow product team members and work cross-functionally to drive end-to-end product & feature development - from discovery, functional specification and release planning through to customer enablement and success
- Drive user engagement and satisfaction, utilizing adoption and NPS as key performance indicators, while being technical enough to work closely with engineering and design to build the product
- Teach and promote industry best practices around portfolio analytics across the organization, in order to deliver an excellent user experience to our clients
- Industry experience as a builder or power user of portfolio management solutions, with a proven track record of working cross-functionally to deliver the technology and services that support investment decision making.
- Demonstrated domain expertise in portfolio accounting, performance & risk assessment.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to successfully interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: product managers, product designers, content strategists, engineers, sales, implementations, client success, product marketing, and executive leadership.
- Passion for the finance and wealth management technology space - solving real problems for our customers in the wealth advisory industry and beyond.
- A track record of execution in all parts of the product lifecycle: design, development, launch, and adoption.
- Engineering/ CS background is a plus
- Knowledge of enterprise SaaS sales and marketing best practices
- Experience as an advisor or analyst serving UHNW clients or institutions
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.