Communication Design Lead
New York, NY
As the Communication Design Lead at Addepar, you'll help steward and extend our brand, strengthen our culture, and align teams around company and team objectives. You'll also provide mentorship and guidance, and you'll help us to strategize, initiate, and execute on the projects that will have the greatest impact.
Using your expertise in marketing, financial services, tech, and storytelling, you'll craft materials ranging from immediate touch-points to holistic campaigns in both digital and print mediums. You'll adapt the Addepar brand identity for diverse internal and external clients. And you'll leverage best practices, research, and data to challenge prevailing assumptions.
As the lead for the Communication Design team, you'll have the exciting opportunity to grow our Communication Design at Addepar. You won't be working alone. In addition to collaborating closely with our team of four talented, California-based Communication Designers, you'll also work with Marketing Managers, Product Content Writers, Product Designers, and Product Managers from both coasts.
Qualities we consider critical for a Senior Communication Designer :
- You are genuinely passionate about design.
- You are a master craftsman who is ; confident about your work and able to identify and communicate the design principles behind it, able to give and receive constructive feedback, adept at storytelling, skillful in translating company and business objectives into a clear and extendable brand identity.
- You invest time to understanding a problem before trying to create a solution.
- You have strong organizational and time-management skills.
- You are a strong conceptual thinker.
- You are a team player. You work well with others and can ; own design decisions across multidisciplinary teams, maintain open lines of communication, manage, mentor, and develop other designers, collaborate and communicate with teams in different time zones, engage comfortably with 3rd parties or agencies when needed.
As a Communication Design Lead, we expect you to have experience
- Working with marketing teams and understanding marketing concepts.
- Developing cohesive identity systems and a unified design language based on our brand foundation.
- Designing: Style-guides to support other designers, websites, campaigns (landing pages, emails, collateral, advertisements), events (booth design, swag), presentations, infographics, iconography and illustrations, and motion graphics.
- (Bonus): Working with fin-tech or financial services companies.
- (Bonus): Experience with photography and translating brand messages into photographic images.
What you’ll love
- Autonomy. Define and run your own projects.
- Variety. Put your talents to use solving lots of different kinds of problems.
- Growth. Learn something new every day.
- Top-notch co-workers. Enjoy your time at work by getting to know your colleagues—we work with people who are smart, interesting, and genuinely nice.
- Regular team offsites. Drive and plan the future of Communication Design while enjoying the best of the Bay or NYC.
- Benefits. Full medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401k. Equity.
- Perks. Company events and retreats. Meals and snacks. Generous vacation policy.
Addepar is building a platform to bring ethical, data-informed investing to our financial world. Our product handles all types of assets in any currency, so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture, all in one place. With customizable reporting, our clients can visualize and communicate relevant information to everyone who needs it. With almost 1 trillion managed on the platform, we've raised $140 million in Series D funding earlier this year from investors whose previous investments include Tesla, SpaceX, Palantir, Paypal, and Airbnb. By providing a data-informed, ethical approach, we believe we can bring trust back to finance.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.