Product Content Strategist
Mountain View, CA
R&D – Product
The Addepar Product Content team brings together talented writers and strategists to deliver content that informs and delights our users. We’re storytellers who connect diverse audiences with our product and platform.
As a Product Content Strategist at Addepar, you’ll play a crucial role in helping our users accomplish their goals. You’ll identify impactful content initiatives, and then deliver consistent and engaging solutions across our UI, terminology conventions, help site, training materials, and more. And, as a member of our Product team, you’ll help to shape our user experience, collaborating with Product Managers, Product Marketers, Designers, Engineers, Training Managers, Support Analysts, and others to define our content needs and measure the success of our solutions.
Our cross-functional team is at the nexus of a lot of exciting work. If you want to break new ground and leave your mark on an essential global industry, this role is for you.
What you’ll do
- Define the start-to-end strategy for the user content related to our reporting and communications features.
- Deliver consistent and intuitive content across our UI, help site, training materials, and more.
- Research content standards to align our terminology and copy with the language of our clients.
- Develop strategies for how our content is delivered, and identify and implement new means of communicating with our users.
- Write clear, concise, compelling content for a variety of audiences.
- Contribute to style guides to define the voice and tone of our user materials.
- Gain an exceptional understanding of the Addepar product and its users so that you can connect users’ goals with the relevant workflows in our web app.
- Help users understand how to progress through the client lifecycle.
- Edit and provide feedback on content generated by others.
- Hone your craft and build a culture of communication through self-driven, complex projects.
What we’re looking for
- Experience developing user content for a tech company; experience at a SaaS or fintech company is a strong bonus.
- Experience managing content from start to finish, including research, planning, writing, editing, publishing, analyzing, and revising.
- A portfolio that demonstrates an ability to educate users about complex topics across different content types (for example, user interfaces, user education, style guides, or FAQs).
- Ability and desire to deeply understand our product and clients.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfort using and explaining advanced software.
- Sensitivity to language.
- A strong visual design sense, including the ability to identify when an image is more effective than words.
- Ability to work collaboratively across teams.
- (Bonus) Knowledge of the financial industry.
- (Bonus) Experience with HTML/CSS.
- (Bonus) Experience with Content Management Systems.
- (Bonus) Experience with Github.
What you’ll love
- Autonomy. Define and run your own projects.
- Variety. Put your talents to use solving lots of different kinds of problems.
- Growth. Learn something new every day.
- Top-notch co-workers. Enjoy your time at work by getting to know your colleagues—we work with people who are smart, interesting, and genuinely nice.
- Regular team offsites. Help us plan the future of Product Content while enjoying the best of the Bay or NYC. (In the past, we’ve celebrated the solstice, picnicked on the beach, and learned to pair wine with tacos).
- Benefits. Full medical, dental, and vision insurance. 401k. Equity.
- Perks. Company events and retreats. Meals and snacks. Generous vacation policy.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.