Client Data Onboarding Specialist
Salt Lake City, UT
Data Operations – Data Solutions
The Client Data Onboarding Specialist runs the data entitlement process for our clients’ custodial data. They coordinate with clients and custodial banks to obtain authorization for client data in a seamless and comprehensive manner. They are responsible for determining and validating the custodial profile of prospects, collaborating with clients to submit the proper Letters of Authorization with custodians, and working with custodians to ensure newly-authorized data is flowing into Addepar’s systems.
In addition with their daily operational responsibilities, this individual will be responsible automating, formalizing, and otherwise refining Addepar’s data authorization process as a whole. This proactive, organized, and operationally savvy individual will play a key role in Addepar’s ability to obtain missing-critical data in a timely way, and otherwise serve as a critical player on Addepar’s Data team.
- At a high level, the Client Data Onboarding Specialist will be responsible for managing client data authorizations, developing new methodologies and tools around the onboarding of new client data, and collaborating with various Data and Client Solutions teams.
Manage Client Data Authorization
- Reach out to clients with external work instructions.
- Guide the authorization process to prevent miscommunications and delays.
- Confirm that approved authorizations match specification.
- Alert stakeholders when data begins flowing or escalate if there are issues.
Develop New Methodologies and Tools Around the Onboarding of New Client Data
- Improve existing authorization processes to reduce load on clients and internal support teams.
- Work with engineering to develop tools to scale new client data onboarding.
- Maintain client-facing documentation that relates to data authorizations.
- Develop systems for aggregating and tracking metadata about data feed operations.
Collaborate with Our Data Relationship Manager
- Support the development of relationships with key contacts at custodial banks.
- Assist in defining best practices for and accelerating the establishment of connections to new data providers.
- Assist with the management of feed software maintenance projects to accommodate bank changes.
- Assist with the management of emergent problems with custodians to ensure quality client experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher.
- At least 1 - 3 years of relevant experience.
- Proactive self-starter.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.