Head of Communications
Mountain View, CA
Sales & Marketing – Marketing
Addepar is looking for a bold Head of Communications to help us build our category and showcase Addepar’s unequivocal leadership in fintech and wealth management.
Reporting to the Vice President of Marketing, this high-profile, strategic position will help shape how the company tells its story as well as the build-out the entire Communications function.
Equal parts strategy and executional excellence, this role calls for someone who can manage multiple programs simultaneously while also ensuring that every single element ladders up to larger corporate narrative and business results.
The Head of Comms will be able to to help us pull and integrate key internal and third-party data points into our corporate story; drive thought leadership and awards programs; and build and lead a communications program around our business strategy and growth narrative. The outcomes will be evident in the drumbeat of Tier 1 media coverage and exec presence opportunities.
We need a storyteller with a passion for financial services and technology with strong data literacy. We need someone who can turn a number into a narrative, and someone who can build local case studies into a national story. We need a creative thinker, strong writer, experienced collaborator and flawless executor who will bring their capabilities and energy to our growing team.
- Direct the company’s corporate communications and PR strategy, including internal communications.
- Build a deep understanding of the company’s business strategies, product roadmap, growth metrics and objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes.
- Serve as the keeper of corporate narrative.
- Develop communications strategies that build a new category and our company’s leadership position.
- Leverage existing media relationships and build new ones to secure placements that build the company’s profile across industries and with consumers.
- Liaise with your communications counterparts at our customers to activate them to tell our story while telling their own.
- Build out the executive bench of spokespeople (for media and thought leadership events); assist in developing their point of view and provide media training/coaching as needed.
- Write key messages, press releases, bylines, any and all materials required to deliver Communications and PR strategies.
- Manage outside agency and consultant resources to deliver against quarterly goals.
- Incorporate and manage social media across all programs and strategies.
- Lead analyst relations (where needed)
- Measure and report on results, capture learnings and recommend actions as appropriate.
- 15yrs+ Comms experience, at least some of this time in-house
- Extensive media relationships (esp. Silicon Valley & Tier 1l media)
- Demonstrated ability to take a complex tech story and make it human and accessible
- Comfort with data/leveraging it to drive coverage
- Excellent writer & presenter
- Bias to action, strong collaboration skills
- Strong exec communication skills
- Knowledge of financial markets a plus
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.