Senior Product Designer, Design System
Mountain View, CA
Addepar unites an extraordinary team of product-innovators and industry experts with a pioneering vision devoted to building the operating system for our financial world. The Addepar platform is the leading investment management platform that easily handles various types of assets, connecting investors' financial goals and objectives with real world actionable insights. As a Product Designer in Addepar, you will part of the core team reimagining the role of technology in one of the world's largest and oldest industries - finance.
From layouts, typography, grids, to icons, components, usability considerations, to workflows and interaction conventions, a design system is bringing all of the key design elements together in a way that allows the entire design team, as well as the broader product and engineering organizations to learn, collaborate, build and grow. The Addepar is at a point that a robust and yet flexible design system will significantly increase the design and the implementation speed of new features, and ensure the consistency of the product user experience. We are looking for designers with solid experience building a design system from ground up, to come in and lead the design effort on building the Addepar Design System.
You will be collaborating with cross-functional teams (product designers, front-end engineers, product managers, etc.) at Addepar to design components, workflows, design style guides, all types of building blocks of the design system to help simplify the complex financial system into clean, straightforward, and easy-to-use product user experience. We expect you to own the experience for a wide range of the Addepar's product and technology offerings. If you want to break new grounds and leave your mark on something truly global in scope and essential in importance—Addepar is for you.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Content Writers on all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Be the user advocate of the team; help prioritize and inform product roadmaps and strategies based on user wants and needs.
- Ensure craftsmanship in design deliverables.
- Help contribute and evolve the Addepar Design System and UI/UX component library.
- Execute the design process at Addepar, and help to guide and improve the process.
- Be an active mentor for other designers, and help to lead critique, design reviews.
- Work with cross-functional teams: Client Solutions, Client Success, Market Development, etc. to gain understanding and empathy around user needs in both qualitative and quantitative ways.
- A portfolio showcasing user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful, and easy-to-use.
- Experience building or being one of the main contributors to a design system.
- Ability to distill complex user workflows and business problems into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Passion, talent and experience for designing end-to-end experiences.
- Experience planning and executing user research to clarify the product and design directions, as well as to evaluate and validate designs.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, can work independently.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the field of Product Design and UI/UX Design.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or applicable programming language, a plus.
- Experience designing for applications and products with complex user workflows, a plus.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $900 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.