Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage $750 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
Addepar tracks the financial transactions between thousands of accounts, entities, clients, and investments. Our product is at the center of a variety of financial advisor workflows for some of the top advisory teams in the world.
As a Product Analyst, you would take the lead in understanding our users and how they use our product, providing insights to guide product and business decisions. You would own defining how we measure our users' activity, performing deep dives into the data leading to insights about our users, and presenting analyses in compelling ways. The types of analyses will involve understanding use of new or experimental features, understanding the financial instruments and our users model, and measuring user engagement with our platform. You will work with our product and data engineering teams to prioritize what infrastructure we build to enable these analyses across multiple systems and data stores. We are looking for someone who will take ownership and pro-actively work with multiple teams to provide both ad hoc and automated in-depth analyses.
- Analyze Addepar's data sets based on the requirements of Product, Marketing, and Market Development to help guide product and business strategy
- Develop and own methodology for tracking, prioritizing, and supporting data analytics requests
- Work with data engineering on developing the roadmap for our product analytics infrastructure
- Work with engineering teams to develop new data measurement to aid in understanding our product's usage
- Develop an understanding of Addepar's various systems and data stores to enable analytics
- Independently perform analysis on Addepar's data sets to come up with insights to help inform product
- Degree in Math, Physics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, or other quantitative field
- 2+ years of experience doing data/statistical/product usage analysis for a technology company
- Understanding of statistical analysis, experiment design, and common pitfalls of data analysis
- A self-starter that can drive projects forward with minimal guidance
- Strong communication ability to gather requirements from stakeholders and convey your analysis and top level findings to different internal parties
- Fluency in SQL
- Experience with analytics visualization tools (Periscope, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Nice to have experience using : Python/R/Matlab; Salesforce and their APIs; Git; JIRA/Confluence; Product analysis tools like Google Analytics, Segment, etc.