New York, NY
R&D – Product
Product Content at Addepar makes learning our product easy and compelling. As our newest writer, you’ll bring clarity, brand personality, and moments of delight into the product experience. You’ll play a critical role in empathizing with our users and advocating for their needs.
As our fourth writer, you’ll partner with project teams to develop UI copy and supplemental help documentation. You’ll build out copy standards for desktop and mobile UI components, and help define cohesive narratives across platforms and touch points. One of your first core projects will be to develop an in-app onboarding experience that reduces time to value for our most active users.
Our ideal candidate is skilled at engaging technical audiences, and passionate about making daily tasks enjoyable and gratifying.
- Write and edit exceptional UI copy for product tours and interactions, as well as supplemental help documentation.
- Develop principles, guidelines, and best practices for product language and tone.
- Mentor your fellow writers and contribute to regular content reviews.
- Use data and research to evaluate and improve content.
- Articulate and document your content strategy and rationale. Manage your time and set clear expectations.
- Collaborate with and influence product management, design, and engineering teams, as well as client-facing services teams. Adapt to feedback.
- Educate partners on the role of content strategy throughout the product development process. Evangelize Addepar’s voice and tone.
- Stay current on industry best practices that help differentiate our product and engage our users.
- A portfolio that showcases how you simplified and enhanced desktop experiences for real people over the past three years. We’re especially interested in product tours, interactions, and style guides.
- Deep understanding of best practices for in-app content across platforms and experience developing and implementing content standards.
- Familiarity with and appreciation for user research and how to extract data-driven insights.
- Detail-oriented, with a keen eye for consistency.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.