Software Engineering Manager
New York, NY
R&D – Engineering
At its core, Addepar is a data company. We’re building interoperability and transparency across hundreds of financial systems, and creating more powerful and robust financial applications on top of that platform.
The technical effort involved is massive. Platform Engineers at Addepar build portfolio data ingestion systems that process tens of millions of transactions across millions of accounts every day. Our team develops pricing and reference data systems that provide coverage for nearly a trillion dollars in assets, and distributed computation systems that allow users to run complex analytical computations over massive data sets in real time.
As a Software Engineering Manager on Addepar's Platform Engineering team, you will be managing a team of engineers taking on those challenges. You will be responsible for guiding technical architecture and mentoring and managing engineers. We’re looking for proven technical leaders with strong drive and excellent communication skills and team-building ability.
The group you’ll be joining includes senior engineers and leads who have worked at companies like Facebook, Google, Two Sigma, DE Shaw, and other top quantitative hedge funds. We value the experience you bring to the table, too. If you've built complex, scalable systems in the past or worked with great teams on hard problems in financial data, join us.
Our engineering team works in Java and Python, but we don’t require prior experience with any specific tool set. Great software engineers can pick up new languages on the job.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make a huge swath of private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years experience as a professional software engineer.
- 2+ years experience as a professional engineering manager.
- Extraordinary talent in software engineering.
- Experience with distributed systems design.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation.
- Experience with the entire development lifecycle: inception to rollout to support.
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of Java and/or Python are a plus.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.