New York, NY
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage $750 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
We are looking for a responsible Paralegal/Contract Administrator to join our team. Your main duties will be to assist the legal team to prepare, negotiate and review various company documentation, including sales contracts, NDAs, employment letters, and other legal related tasks.
A successful Paralegal/Contract Administrator will demonstrate a strong attention to detail along with the ability to discover potential risks for our company. Our ideal candidate has previous experience managing contracts and is familiar with legal documentation requirements.
- Prepare sales and purchase contracts (inbound and outbound)
- Negotiate contract terms with internal and external business partners
- Review and update existing contracts
- Explain terms and conditions to managers and interested parties
- Ensure that employees understand and comply with company contracts
- Analyze potential risks involved with specific contract terms
- Ensure all deadlines and conditions described on contracts are met
- Maintain organized system of physical and digital records
- Create language standards for existing and new contracts
- In addition to the above duties, the Paralegal/Contract Administrator would be expected to handle other administrative and legal tasks
Knowledge & Skills
- 5+ years work experience as a Paralegal, Contract Administrator, Contract Manager or relevant role
- Knowledge of legal requirements involved with contracts, including ensuring that the appropriate approvals have been documented
- Excellent writing skills
- Keen attention to detail, with an ability to spot errors
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Experience with Salesforce strongly preferred
- Experience working with an in-house legal team preferred
- Experience or strong interest in technology preferred