Senior Product Designer, Analytics
Mountain View, CA
Addepar unites an extraordinary team of product-innovators and industry experts with a pioneering vision devoted to building the operating system for our financial world. The Addepar platform is the leading investment management platform that easily handles various types of assets, connecting investors' financial goals and objectives with real world actionable insights. As a Product Designer in Addepar, you will part of the core team reimagining the role of technology in one of the world's largest and oldest industries - finance.
Finance is an old industry, and the target users of your designs are people who have worked years in finance. To help improve the efficiency and increase the level of transparency in the finance industry, we are looking for designers with the passion about learning and tackling design challenges for financial professionals. We want you to come in with a fresh perspective to untangle the complexity of the financial system, and bring in intuitiveness and clarity to it. If you are an awesome designer, and in your spare time also interested in reading Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, or have interests in investment, there is a good chance that we will match well!
You will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. If you want to break new grounds and leave your mark on something truly global in scope and essential in importance - Addepar is for you.
- Collaborate with Product Designers, Product Managers, Engineers and Content Writers on all stages of the product development lifecycle.
- Be the user advocate of the team; help prioritize and inform product roadmaps and strategies based on user wants and needs.
- Ensure craftsmanship in design deliverables.
- Help contribute and evolve the Addepar Design System and UI/UX component library.
- Execute the design process at Addepar, and help to guide and improve the process.
- Be an active mentor for other designers, and help to lead critique, design reviews.
- Work with cross-functional teams: Client Solutions, Client Success, Market Development, etc. to gain understanding and empathy around user needs in both qualitative and quantitative ways.
- A portfolio showcasing user-centered designs that are beautiful, delightful, and easy-to-use.
- Ability to distill complex user workflows and business problems into simple and elegant design solutions.
- Passion, talent and experience for designing end-to-end experiences.
- Experience planning and executing user research to clarify the product and design directions, as well as to evaluate and validate designs.
- Extensive experience with prototyping as a means to explore and convey design solutions.
- Experience building or contributing to a design system; experience crafting a specific UI/UX component and define its look and feel, and interactions in details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-motivated, can work independently.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience working in the field of Product Design and UI/UX Design.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, or applicable programming language, a plus.
- Experience designing for applications and products with complex user workflows, a plus.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.