Director, Deal Desk and Order Management Operations
New York, NY
G&A – Finance
Responsible for the leadership, management and coordination of field and corporate support functions in support of customer software and service transactions. This position is the process owner, with responsibility to own & manage customer deal structuring and approval within Addepar, and directly to customers as necessary. The role also includes ad hoc project management and process improvement that may be required; and acts daily as the business partner to sales, providing guidance, controls, feedback and counsel.
The role will initially seek to develop company-wide Deal Desk processes, merge the Deal Desk function with the Invoicing & Rev Rec function and develop the new organization’s primary roles and responsibilities. The Deal Desk Director is responsible for the effectiveness and impact of field capabilities relative to Addepar’s strategic and financial goals. This position works daily with a number of stakeholders, including sales, legal, finance, sales operations, product marketing, services, training, product support and the accounting & finance organization.
Possess and apply comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to complete complex assignments. Technical and Analytical skills may cross-fields. Work on complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Assignments are broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Requires daily decision-making capabilities and actions that are not reviewed by supervisor on a daily basis. Operate with latitude for un-reviewed action or decision. May be responsible for a project team with a defined scope of responsibility and set of deliverables. Review progress and evaluate results. Plan and assign personnel for a given project or task, and recommend changes in procedures. Often plays a role in high-level global and local projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
- Work in conjunction with internal clients to develop and document all relevant processes related to the quote to order process. The role must be able to balance the execution at a local field level while driving a significant level of global standardization and make suggestions on how to optimize current global and local available resources
- Consistently identify efficiencies and work cross functionally and collaboratively to implement.
- Serve as a point of contact and act in a leadership position in the implementation of all lead to renewal improvement activities.
- Operationalize new offerings, license models and changes in delivery models.
- Contribute to the development of all relevant sales enablement programs related to quote to order.
- Assist, as required, finance with the implementation and administration of all required financial and operational controls (external and internal).
- Direct the development, improvement, measurement and maintenance of internal sales processes, policies, systems and operating procedures as it relates to sales transactions.
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of Addepar’s sales and business roles, and their interactions and dependencies.
- Monitor and support key global and local business metrics.
- Build and maintain working rapport and facilitate consensus regarding business requirements across Addepar’s key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with, and assist, local and global executive management as required.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of Addepar’s regulatory requirements, financial controls and operational controls.
- Demonstrate working knowledge and adherence to Addepar’s Code of business and compliance requirements.
- Identify and implement operation-related process improvements.
- Develop and monitor the performance of staff under their supervision.
- Assign and re-distribute duties among staff to meet various workload pressures and due dates.
- Business travel of approximately 20 percent yearly is expected.
Collaborate with stakeholders and other internal functions to:
- Support and help execute on Business Change Management as relates to Quota, Organization and Quote to Cash Activities
- Assist Sales leadership in the global implementation of local strategy in areas of Sales and Business Support; Sales Partnership and guidance, Opportunity/Deal Management, Sales Methodology & Enablement, Communications.
- Implement and execute Sales Management Systems & Initiatives.
- Support and assist in the planning of system requirements, enhancements and overall planning.
- Manage and perform user acceptance testing for system release.
- Provide IT/Business support on systems and processes.
- Provide a core set of standard reports to meet the needs of the business.
- Provide research and analyze system data to meet business needs.
- Manage the efforts of global and local reporting and dashboard initiatives to the Business.
- Provide root cause analysis & recommendations to the Business.
Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in Finance, Marketing, Sales or a business related field. MBA or global equivalent preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in field facing, sales operations and/or marketing roles, preferably in the Information Technology sector.
- Strong leadership, marketing, planning, execution, presentation, communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to balance the needs of the local sales teams while being accountable to implementing global standards and processes.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial style and strong ability to work without direct day-to-day management.
- Strong analytical capabilities; need to see the 'big picture' and articulate complex issues in a concise manner.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with related areas of the business, particularly in the user communities (sales, technology services, channel, and customer advocacy), with the brands, and with HR.
- Excellent communicator and consensus builder at all levels of the organization.
- Capable of building consensus and driving change among multiple organizational levels and varied constituents.
- In-depth understanding of Addepar’s internal business processes, systems and operational goals.
- Due to the position's high level of exposure and the sensitivity of some data, functions must be carried out discreetly and with a high level of professionalism.
- Measured on ability to improve internal client capabilities and effectiveness and deliver management visibility into business performance.
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.