Front End Engineer
New York, NY
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency, so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More than 200 single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations track more than $550 billion of assets on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
Addepar’s front-end engineers are responsible for building next-generation web applications that bring transparency and impact to the world of finance.
You’ll work closely with our product, design, and other engineering teams to develop cutting-edge tools and interfaces for the finance industry. With our products and platform, we’re solving extraordinary problems for the global economy.
In addition to bringing finance into the future, you’ll also be able to work closely with the open-source community to help move the web forward.
- Ember.js / Ember Data
- Our own open-source Ember libraries (http://addepar.github.io/)
- Ember CLI
- JSON REST API written in Java
- Because we build specialty tools for the finance industry, we develop primarily for Chrome, with roughly 5-10% of our efforts geared towards the general population’s browser preferences.
- Build new features in Ember.js applications
- Work directly with product managers and designers to design and implement user-interfaces
- Address client issues and bugs within Ember.js applications
- Seek to build frameworks and processes to simplify front-end development at Addepar
- Experience writing semantic HTML markup and CSS
- Experience building web applications that consume a REST API
- Experience in using MVC frameworks (ie: Ember, Backbone, Angular)
- Awareness of current trends and best practices in front-end engineering
- [BONUS] Previous experience in the finance industry