Product Management Intern, Advisor
Mountain View, CA
R&D – Product
As a Product Manager at Addepar, you are responsible for building the tools that are transforming the wealth management industry. Product Managers at Addepar sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might pitch a concept to senior leadership, create a launch plan with marketing, conduct user research, prototype a new feature, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding our client needs, influencing business strategy, feature specification, and implementation of our software.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have experience building software products and taking ideas from conception to launch. You are passionate about both using technology to solve problems in a user-centric way. You have a passion for our industry solving the big problems of data aggregation, investment analysis, product design, and enterprise enablement in the finance industry.
- Drive the vision & define the roadmap for Addepar to deliver insights on investor behavior & engagement to our clients
- Own the specification and delivery of a product feature related to user adoption of content in Addepar
- Prioritize potential projects through demonstrating the value to our current or future users
- Challenge prevailing assumptions about how problems can be solved
- Work closely with engineering, design, and business team members on development of requirements and feature definition
- Understand Addepar’s strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- Work directly with out clients to unearth pain points and understand their most pressing needs
- Communicate with the rest of the company the how and why for features
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: sales, deployments, PMs, designers, engineers, managers, support, and marketing
- User-focus - solve our current and prospective users’ problems with a focus on jobs-to-be-done
- Familiarity with wealth management concepts and consumer fintech apps
- Self-starter that can both identify and solve problems
- Analytical ability - be entrepreneurial in taking a data-based approach
- Bonus: Previous experience in finance-related or enterprise software development
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.