New York, NY
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency, so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More than 200 single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations track more than $550 billion of assets on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
As a DevOps Engineer at Addepar, you will utilize your combination of significant Linux experience, network knowledge, scripting abilities, information security and debugging skills to design, deploy, monitor and automate all operational aspects of Addepar's platform.
You will be joining the DevOps and Security team and be responsible for deploying both offensive and defensive techniques to keep our platform humming. You should have a background in large-scale system administration and be familiar with open source technologies, such as Jenkins, Puppet and MySQL. You will work very closely with the product and development teams.
- Responsible for the overall health and performance of our platform
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure components to deliver highly scalable services
- You should know standard security practices and also be able to identify any potential application specific vulnerabilities
- Tools development. We want engineers that can automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Linux environments
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of the systems as well as contributing to their overall design
- Work with development teams to enhance, document, establish process and generally improve the operability and security of our systems
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Previous experience building and monitoring distributed platforms
- Ability to analyze technical trade-offs and drive decisions / solutions forward
- Experience with Amazon's AWS APIs, shell scripting, Python and / or Perl is preferred
- 4+ years of experience