Market Development Manager
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $650 billion in assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
The Market Development team drives the research, development and the launch of new business lines. This team oversees a broad array of strategic initiatives in coordination with a matrix of internal and external stakeholders. This team works closely with Product Development to scope and develop new products, service offerings, partnerships and acquisitions. Market Development works with Marketing to define the initial value proposition and messaging so they can develop and execute a marketing plan. This team also collaborates with the Sales and client-facing teams to provide the handoff when an initiative is ready for launch.
Addepar is looking for a Market Development Manager to help drive and operate strategic initiatives that have strong revenue potential for the firm. Addepar pursues a vast array of partnerships, services, integrations, and new business initiatives that need to conform to a robust and predictable development and launch plan.
- Take a market opportunity and deliver a business plan: Opportunity Size, Competitive Analysis, Market Segmentation, Timeline
- Define business requirements for a given offering as input for the Product Team: Use Cases, Personas, Client Feedback
- Seek approval of initiative and oversee execution until production handoff to sales and business teams
- Draft initial description of the offering and procedures that internal stakeholder will own
- Partner management and support
- Work with external parties to execute any outsourced procurement needs
- Work with stakeholders to ensure Beta Customer engagement for your specific program and deliver feedback to the product and marketing teams
- Work with Program Management Office to define the project plan, and keep them updated on status updates in order to hold stakeholders accountable
- Implement offering into appropriate business operation systems so that the offering can be tracked and leveraged throughout the client/prospect lifecycle
- Work with Product Marketing in the release process to hand off initiatives to Sales, and Client-facing teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience either in Product Management, Corporate Development or Investment Management
- Ability to work closely with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Passion for technology and finance
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative analysis and form a recommendation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- [Bonus] Experience writing business case
- [Bonus] Contract negotiation
- [Bonus] SQL, Java, Python experience