Mountain View, CA
R&D – Engineering
Addepar is looking for a highly skilled IT Manager to build and manage a multi-site enterprise user support function across it’s rapidly growing corporate environment. The IT Operations Manager is responsible for providing leadership to, and oversight of, a diverse team of IT professionals across systems and operations supporting a cloud first enterprise IT infrastructure across multiple sites using an engineering-focused service delivery framework.
The IT Manager will lead a talented team of individuals with systems and operations background across multiple-sites in a cloud-first environment based on AWS, Google Apps, OneLogin, Atlassian tools, messaging (Slack, Gchat) corporate networking and a number of internally built tools.The ideal candidate will be responsible for managing and evolving our internal system infrastructure to align with our long-term business requirements. We are seeking candidates with a successful track record executing IT strategy in a rapidly growing technology company and the ability to manage directly and by influence. Ideal candidates will be able to be hands-on and directly contribute to the successful execution of the team’s initiatives and serve as the primary decision-maker for project prioritization and resourcing. Your mission is to understand and anticipate the technology requirements of a scaling business, and to lead a team that proactively meets these needs.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced startup environment. Adaptable to changing circumstances.
- Cultivate a culture of software defined infrastructure, automation, best practices, metrics and consistency across the organization
- Great team player with Can-do attitude. Strong communication skills with a track record of working with and collaborating with teams
- Willing and able to both lead a team and be hands-on.
- Provides configuration management and accurately assesses the impact of modifications and vulnerabilities for each information security system.
- Strong knowledge of network and infrastructure systems in a cloud first systems environment.
- Perform malware detection, elimination, prevention, and reporting using approved tools and resources.
- Recognize a potential security violation, take appropriate action to report the incident as required by regulation, and mitigate any adverse impact.
- Comply with system termination procedures and incident reporting requirements related to potential security incidents or actual breaches at a desktop level.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities. Project management and logistical skills are critical. Must be able to clearly communicate ideas and status.
- Strong experience in customer support
- Benchmark, analyze, report on, and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure/systems, and IT service providers.
- Four-year degree in Business Information Systems or Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 5 + years IT experience in a manager role
- Proven experience in Apple OSX environment, MDM, Linux, Jamf etc.
- Proven experience in AWS, GCP, One-login and cloud-first corporate environment.
- Extensive desktop support, network management, telecom, and AV preferred.
- Experience in IT infrastructure planning and development and ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products
- Experience and patience in training others concerning technical matters
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Good to have: Atlassian tools, Slack, Python & Flask knowledge
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives investors and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.