Test Automation Manager
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage $750 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
As one of the most complex web-based applications in production, Addepar is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the development framework and browser itself. Behind the Addepar platform we are building a high performance, scalable and reliable computation engine for finance.
As a hands-on test automation manager, your responsibility will be to set the technical vision and lead the implementation, for test automation of this complex system end-to-end.
- Drive and execute on our overall test automation and end-to-end system testing strategy
- Hire, mentor and manage a team of engineers to deliver on this strategy
- Architect and build automation frameworks to cover all phases of testing; unit, functional, integration, performance, ‘customer workflow’ based load, and reliability testing
- Create test tools, libraries to increase efficiency and enable development / test engineers to write simplified, standardized and reliable automated tests
- Integrate test frameworks with our CI system to enable delivery with short release cycles
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years experience as a test automation engineer covering functional, E2E system, performance and load testing for enterprise class applications
- 2+ years experience as a successful hands-on technical test engineering manager
- Experience testing REST API based applications
- Experience architecting and building test automation frameworks for cloud based enterprise class SaaS applications
- Experience with open source or similar test frameworks: TestNG, Qunit, RestAssured
- Experience with open source or similar load testing frameworks: JMeter, Grinder, Gatling
- Experience integrating test frameworks with CI delivery pipelines such as Jenkins