Software Development Engineer in Test (Test Infrastructure)
Mountain View, CA
R&D – Engineering
The Quality Engineering team is an integral part of the engineering organization and is challenged with ensuring functional accuracy, high-performance, scalability and reliability across Addepar's complex online system. We are hiring a team of software development engineers in test (SDET) that believe in increasing efficiency with test automation and tooling to help develop, test, debug and release software quickly.
As a Lead SDET (Test Infrastructure) you will have the responsibility to set the roadmap and lead the implementation for the end-to-end test infrastructure and test tools required for this complex system.
- Define and execute on our overall test infrastructure and test tools roadmap
- Architect and build automation frameworks to cover all phases of testing; functional, integration, performance, ‘customer workflow’ based load, and reliability testing
- Create test tools and libraries to increase efficiency and enable engineers to write simplified, standardized and reliable automated tests
- Integrate test frameworks with our CI system to enable delivery with short release cycles
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5+ years experience as a SDET automation engineer covering functional, E2E system, performance and load testing for enterprise class applications
- 2+ years experience as a successful hands-on SDET technical lead
- Experience testing REST API and Java based SaaS applications
- Experience architecting and building test automation frameworks for cloud based enterprise class SaaS applications
- Experience with open source test frameworks such as: Selenium, TestNG, Qunit, RestAssured, RedwoodHQ
- Experience with open source or similar load testing frameworks: JMeter, Grinder, Gatling
- Experience integrating test frameworks with CI delivery pipelines such as Jenkins
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.