Software Engineering Manager
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage $750 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
Behind the Addepar platform we are building a highly scalable and reliable computation engine for finance. The computation engine will allow developers on Addepar’s platform to easily express financial calculations. The engine behind the scenes will determine the best execution path , data and resources needed to run calculations. Think of it as Spark for Finance.
- Manage the computational engine team
- Building the next generation financial computation engine.
- Write server side code for working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 2+ years of management experience
- 5+ years of experience in backend, database and distributed systems frameworks, with 2 years of system level experience.
- Experience with one or more programming languages including Java.
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in backend, distributed systems frameworks like Apache Spark, with 2 years of system level experience.
- Solid experience with Java, databases and building production services.