Lead Technical Account Manager
Mountain View, CA
Client Solutions – Client Solutions
Addepar is looking for a Lead Technical Account Manager (TAM) in Mountain View, CA to directly manage as a player/coach the West Coast team of TAMs.
The Technical Account Manager acts as a subject matter experts in translating the business goals of Addepar’s large, Enterprise-level clients into unique, customized solutions. To achieve this goal the TAM will partner across all client-facing teams including Sales Engineering, Technical Project Manager, Relationship Manager, Solutions Architect, and Data Solutions, to tailor the Addepar platform to the unique specifications of each client. The TAM is directly responsible for the pre-Sale design and configuration proposal which is written into the contract, as well as leading the execution and documentation of the client deployment project. Once the client is using Addepar, the TAM will continue to act as the technical expert and consultant for the client and assist the Addepar Support team with solutions to client issues.
In addition to performing as a TAM, the TAM lead will manage a geographic team of TAMs as outlined below.
- Lead a team of 3-6 Technical Account Managers, in addition to performing as a TAM (see below)
- As a manager and player/coach for West Coast TAMs, ensure team has proper objectives, goals and metrics to drive success.
- Partner with NY team lead to optimize team efficiency, process and utilization across client base
- Ensure new team members are properly onboarded through a comprehensive training and immersion program.
- Perform semi-annual reviews of team members
Technical Account Manager
- As an Addepar Subject Matter Expert, assess the client’s needs and partner with Addepar teammates from Project Management, Sales and Data Solutions, Product Design and the Relationship Manager to design a custom Addepar solution that fulfills the client’s needs.
- Dig deep into the client’s stated goals to elicit full scope of deployment project
- Partner with Sales Engineering to determine best Addepar solution, identify any functional or data gaps, and clearly define the Minimal Viable Product (MVP)
- Partner with Product and Data to design gap-fill features
- Partner with the Technical Project Manager to specify deployment timelines and milestones
- Partner with Data Solutions to meet full data needs of client through thoughtful environment design and data onboarding
- As the Addepar implementation lead, configure the platform to conform the the needs of the client as specified in the SOW
- Drive client engagement in the deployment process to ensure quick validation of custom configuration and escalation of issues
- Continually update client-specific documentation for eventual turnover to Support
- Provide regular status updates to project team and management
- Maintain ongoing relationship with clients, partnering with the Relationship and Support teams to bolster client success
- Act as lead technical expert for any support escalations from the client
- Establish regular check-ins with the client in coordination with the Relationship Manager
- Keep apprised of new Addepar platform features and functions and make suggestions for client improvements to Relationship Manager and Training leads
- Consistently share knowledge among TAM team and other internal partners thorough documentation and proactive collaboration
- Contribute to team education and development through formal and informal mentorship and coaching programs
- Occasional travel required
Knowledge & Skills
- 7+ years of system implementation project experience, preferably in the Financial Services industry
- Experience in Project Management, Technology Implementations, or Consulting is required
- Knowledge of financial instruments, performance calculation or client reporting preferred
- Experience with Private Equity, Real Estate or Hedge Funds is a plus
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial ability
- Superior communication, organizational, and time-management skills
- Independent, adaptable and able to thrive in a heavily matrixed environment
- Passion for technology and finance
- Process-oriented with an eye toward continuous improvement
- Prior client-facing experience is a plus
- [Bonus] Previous experience in investment management software implementations
- [Bonus] Previous experience with programming/scripting, specifically python
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.