Software Engineer - Data
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to the financial world. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More than 200 single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations track more than $550 billion of assets on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At its core, Addepar is a data company. We collect position, transaction and security information from nearly 100 custodial banks and market data providers. Bringing in and linking together all of these datasets is hard. It requires Addepar's Data Engineering team to build systems that are reliable and performant while still flexible enough to respond to rapidly changing business requirements. Examples of some of our challenging engineering problems include:
- A rapidly evolving ETL process focused on deep, complex portfolio data with on order of 100 external integration points.
- A robust pricing and reference data system providing coverage for over a half trillion dollars in assets.
- A loosely coupled real time monitoring and analytics infrastructure to support mission and time critical processes.
- Addepar's core financial data models that effectively capture the crucial aspects of financial data from a diverse set of inputs.
Engineering is at the core of Addepar and we are looking to add the best, brightest, and most passionate software engineers to our team. If you are excited about doing the best work of your career and you enjoy the rush of shipping high quality code to production every day we’re excited to meet you! Our software engineers come from a variety of backgrounds, ranging from Silicon Valley entrepreneurs to finance tech veterans. What they have in common is tremendous talent and dedication to architecting, implementing, and shipping high quality software.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 3+ years experience as a professional software engineer.
- Extraordinary talent in software engineering. Ability to write high quality code.
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation.
- Ability to work smoothly with other engineers and mentor others in areas of expertise.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A bias for thinking about problems objectively from multiple points of view.
- Prior experience in or knowledge of financial data systems is a plus.