Senior Revenue Accountant
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage $750 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
The Company is seeking a Senior Revenue Accountant who will report to the Senior Revenue Manager and be a critical member of our growing company. The Senior Revenue Accountant will have a number of responsibilities that will include the full revenue cycle, including journal entries and various balance sheet account reconciliations and collections. This position will also be actively involved in the Company’s month and year-end close processes and annual audits.
- Ongoing processing of revenue transactions, including preparation and documentation of revenue calculations, entry of all sales-related transactions and preparation of any revenue-related journal entries.
- Assist with data migration and functional testing involved with system implementation and ASC 606.
- Prepare schedules and support for the audit.
- Own the monthly revenue close process.
- Maintain revenue system and ensure accuracy and completeness of all revenue transactions and compliance to company revenue policy.
- Record revenue-related journal entries and complete revenue-related account reconciliations including deferred revenue.
- Review revenue contracts for compliance with the Company’s revenue recognition policy and internal controls.
- Monitor contract terms including renewal dates, management of contracts/amendments and other legal processes.
- Work with Senior Revenue Manager, Legal, Sales and Client Advocacy, as necessary, to identify and resolve client/contract issues.
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements in the order-to-cash process and month-end close process.
- Work closely with the A/R Accountant to ensure that billing and revenue are aligned.
- Assist with the following A/R responsibilities as needed:
- Collect necessary billing information to prepare invoices in a timely manner.
- Complete cycle of invoicing and collections for customers, and establishing accounts receivable reserves, as necessary.
- Monitor A/R aging and ensure timely collection of past due balances. Escalate matters as necessary.
- Reconcile A/R and related allowance for doubtful accounts on a monthly and timely basis.
- Responsible for communications with clients regarding billing inquiries, contract questions and other related issues.
- Based on contract review, responsible for inputting data into Salesforce and ensuring accuracy and completeness. Work with Business Operations to resolve any issues.
- Ensure completeness and accuracy of all Salesforce opportunities/records.
- Ensure proper taxation of fees billed and timely filing of sales tax returns.
- Maintain Avalara sales tax system with up-to-date information regarding nexus and sales tax registrations.
Accounts Receivable (A/R):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business-related field required (CPA preferred).
- Minimum 4 years of experience with at least 2 years in SaaS revenue recognition (including solid understanding of ASC 606). Public accounting experience preferred.
- Excellent understanding and application of US GAAP, including all areas related to revenue. SOX knowledge is a plus.
- Solid experience with close processes, account reconciliations and journal entry preparation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both spoken and written with a customer service focus.
- Self-motivated and efficient with high standards for quality of results and processes. Ability to be proactive and identify areas for improvement.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines, and possess a willingness to take on new projects and challenges.
- Intrinsic desire to seek solutions, achieve results, complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Technically competent with ability to work productively and efficiently in a dynamic environment and be a solutions oriented team player.
- Maintains focus and positive attitude during high volume of work while multi-tasking with changing priorities.
- Proficient with Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
- Experience working with with QuickBooks, Salesforce and NetSuite or Intacct is preferred.
- Experience with SaaSOptics, Avatax, and FinancialForce is a plus.
- Experience with implementing accounting and/or revenue systems is a plus.