Product Manager Data Analytics
New York, NY
R&D – Product
Addepar is an enterprise software company focused on providing transparency to complex financial portfolios for investors and advisors alike. Its core reporting product provides a holistic view of investment holdings for asset owners and wealth managers, in particular for alternatives and private assets where other systems struggle. To help our clients make better and more data-driven investment decisions, the Insights business at Addepar is focused on creating and launching new products that provide clear, actionable insights. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets (as of April 2018) on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
The Product Manager, Data Analytics will have overall product responsibility for all data and analytic products within the Insights business. Reporting to, and working closely with, the head of Insights, she/he will define and own the end-to-end product vision, strategy, and lifecycle for the entire product category. This begins with assessing market needs and the competitive landscape, defining a viable commercial and operating model, formulating a strategic plan and overall product roadmap, and ratifying the plan with senior leadership at Addepar. Once agreed, the PM Data Analytics will be responsible for driving execution of the plan, working with a cross-functional team across engineering, product, sales, and client success. This will include managing the entire product life cycle across design, development, launch, and adoption, and across multiple products over time.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a product manager or similar role, with a focus on financial information and/or analytics and a track record of building and launching new products. Specific experience in financial services or enterprise software would be ideal
- Strong preference for at least some familiarity with wealth and investment management
- Experience working in a growth company, or a smaller unit within a larger company, preferred
- Strong academic credentials: undergraduate degree required with a preference for engineering, statistics, economics, or other analytic disciplines
Competencies Needed for Success
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to build strong data-driven arguments, prioritize with business strategy in mind, and evangelize projects to build consensus within an organization
- Track record of execution over the whole product management lifecycle: research, design, development, launch, and adoption
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including experience in setting forth specific and achievable objectives in a clear and concise way
- Proven ability to partner well with colleagues across different functional areas, and collaborate in a way that leads to tangible results
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.