Director, Talent Acquisition
New York, NY
The Director of Talent Acquisition will develop and implement the talent acquisition strategy to support rapid and significant growth over the next few years, strengthen the recruiting model and programs, ensure we have robust diversity and employer brand programs, and manage and scale the team to deliver on current and planned hiring needs. This is a highly visible role both inside and outside of Addepar and this individual must be a leader.
- Design, implement and deliver, in partnership with internal clients, an effective talent strategy to source and attract the highest caliber talent to support our company strategy, as well as current and future growth, including management of Addepar’s employer brand.
- Build strong, credible relationships with senior leaders, hiring managers, critical stakeholders and partners, operating as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert
- Attract, develop and retain a highly effective team of in house talent professionals, in addition to identifying and maintaining relationships with agencies and retained search firms, when needed
- Develop and implement workforce plans, refine hiring forecasting capabilities, and establish and report on key recruiting metrics to measure team effectiveness and provide data-driven, actionable insights
- Evaluate, implement and ensure effectiveness of sourcing channels and data quality of ATS
- Create and deliver an extraordinary candidate and new hire experience
- Own and drive our diversity and employer brand initiatives
- Personally handle recruitment certain key positions
- 7+ years of broad recruiting and business experience required, with at least 5 years managing a recruiting function in a fast-growth technology and/or FinTech company
- Strong track record demonstrating superior ability to source and attract top talent, assess capability for both technical and interpersonal fit, negotiate offers and seal the deal to deliver well qualified candidates in every assignment
- Working knowledge of employer branding best practices, including development and implementation of an EVP throughout the talent acquisition strategy and recruiting practices
- Working knowledge of diversity best practices and implementation of diversity strategy into the company recruiting processes that drives results in this area
- Results driven self-starter: Takes initiative and consistently delivers results of the highest quality, personally and through his/her staff, take accountability for one’s work, has a sense of urgency, overcomes hurdles and ensures that results are delivered
- Interpersonal savvy and self-awareness: Relates well with others; considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people in different situations, is tactful, compassionate and sensitive, and treats others with respect. Understands how others perceive them and has the ability to flex their own style to the situation for greater effectiveness
- Analytical: Ability to generate and analyze accurate metrics, hard and soft data that will regularly inform the work, and report to leadership. Works on complex issues where analysis of situations and data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
- Flexible and versatile: Able and willing to roll up one’s sleeves and do what it takes to deliver results; willing to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner taking on new responsibilities that challenge and exceed what the person has done before
- Customer service orientation: Provides excellent customer service to internal clients, being responsive to needs, effectively managing expectations, and also facilitating self-sufficiency in others, where possible. Also, cultivates external constituencies to include applicants, potential applicants, community and on-line sources of talent.
- Business savvy: Learns the core elements of the business, how the organization works, functional and position specifics to ensure effectiveness across the firm and applies that in the recruitment and selection to identify talent that is best suited to Addepar culture. Good understanding of finance industry fundamentals.
- Collaboration: Strong role model of collaboration for direct reports. Personally, seeks insights from others in the interest of a better outcome, is a team player with leaders and colleagues; keeps others informed of what is going on, asks for input, provides help when asked and offers when not asked
- Technology proficiency: Social media savvy, especially as pertains to sourcing of talent. Applicant Tracking System experience required, in addition to Microsoft Office Suite and Google Apps.
- Undergraduate degree in business, human resources or equivalent professional experience preferred. MBA or related graduate level work/degree a plus.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $800 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.