Director of Product Management, Data Management
New York, NY
R&D – Product
The Director of Product Management, Data Management will be responsible for the data aggregation and management platform that powers Addepar’s leading portfolio management products, as well as client and vendor integrations. In this role, reporting to the VP of Product, you will have significant strategic impact and influence on the direction of the company, driving the evolution of our platform, products and third-party ecosystem with a talented team of product managers, while partnering closely with leaders across R&D and business to build the preeminent technology and services that serve investment teams in wealth management and beyond.
- Define and own end-to-end the data management vision, strategy, and execution across the product development lifecycle.
- Partner with other R&D teams, operations teams and third-parties (asset servicing and market data providers) to further define and develop Addepar’s platform. Areas of focus include core data models, system architecture, third-party integrations, data workflows, and operations tooling.
- Identify, define and develop predictable, repeatable, and scalable ways to bring more of the world’s financial assets onto the platform, including alternative investments and a variety of less liquid assets.
- Partner with other R&D teams to develop a platform that can power a growing suite of products and integrations and scale by several orders of magnitude per year. Identify potential commercial opportunities to offer data aggregation and management as standalone offerings within wealth management and other market segments.
- Drive business growth utilizing measures of scale, data quality, integration velocity, and uptime as key performance indicators.
- Build the right team of product managers and subject matter experts to drive execution across the various data management functions, including research, functional specification, and orchestration of development, release and adoption.
- Industry leader in financial services technology or Enterprise SaaS equivalent, with a proven track record of leading cross-functional teams to develop the technology and services that power data-intensive, highly configurable, interactive and responsive products geared toward investment teams. Experience leading growth companies from a product to platform focus is a major plus.
- Ability to communicate domain problems to engineering and to partner with engineering to define the technical implementation to solve a business problem. This includes understanding of computer science concepts (data modeling, database design skills, basic algorithmic complexity and a working knowledge of these concepts in relation to today’s public data centers) and reviewing technical requirements documents.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills - interface with our clients as well as internal stakeholders: product managers, engineers, executive leadership, sales, deployments, client success, product marketing, and content strategists.
- Passion for the finance and technology space and solving previously intractable problems at the heart of wealth management.
- A track record of execution in all parts of the product lifecycle: design, development, launch, and adoption.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.