Software QA Engineering Manager
Mountain View, CA
R&D – Engineering
Our Infrastructure engineering teams are building a high performance, scalable, reliable data pipeline and computation engine for finance. Our data systems collect and link together position, transaction and security information from over 100 custodial banks and market data providers. The computation engine behind the scenes determines the best execution path, data and resources needed to run complex financial calculations.
As a hands-on software test engineering manager, your responsibility will be to set the technical vision and lead the implementation of the backend infrastructure test strategy.
- Collaborate with engineering, and product management teams to define and execute on an overall testing strategy for the back-end infrastructure systems.
- Lead the effort to create, automate, and execute test plans, covering functional, integration, performance, load, stress, and reliability testing.
- Hire, mentor and manage a team of software test engineers to deliver on this strategy.
- Define and deliver on team goals and priorities for the year.
- Plan and provide test support for bi-weekly releases and production hotfixes.
- Collaborate with engineering, and client-facing teams to assess risk and priorities of bugs.
- Provide regular status updates and quality risk assessment for all releases.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years experience as a software test engineer covering all aspects of testing and test automation for enterprise class products and/or applications.
- 2+ years experience as a hands-on software test engineering manager.
- Experience testing products/applications with distributed system architectures.
- Experience testing REST API based applications.
- Proficient with Java or Python.
- Knowledge of data storage systems and data ingestion pipelines is a plus.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.