Mountain View, CA
G&A – Finance
The Revenue Manager will be responsible for participating in and managing the full revenue and billing cycle, including contract review, evaluating and determining revenue recognition, billing, month-end close and annual audits. This candidate will be integral to the finance team (reporting to Sr. Manager, Revenue and Financial Reporting) and needs to be enthusiastic, positive and hands-on who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ability to understand the “big picture” and strategically develop systems, processes and procedures. This will be an exciting time to join Addepar as we are implementing NetSuite in 2018.
This candidate will have the judgment to weave the technical guidance into operational, financial applications and audit efficient processes. As processes are cross-functional, this candidate will understand the importance of building relationships with key partners across the company to achieve shared objectives.
- Continue to develop and maintain the Company’s revenue recognition policies, procedures and related documentation to include strong organizational controls in anticipation of SOX 404 implementation and ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Collaborate proactively with the Sales, Business Operations and Legal teams to ensure revenue transactions are recorded in accordance with GAAP, identifying issues and providing appropriate practical and scalable alternatives as necessary.
- Own the revenue recognition process for multiple revenue streams, ensuring revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP and the Company’s accounting policies. This will include owning all aspects of day-to-day technical revenue accounting and order-to-cash operations including deal review, month-end close, billing and collections and assisting with the NetSuite implementation, especially the Advanced Revenue Module (ARM).
- Ongoing review, critical analysis and approval of revenue transactions, including preparation and documentation of revenue calculations.
- Assist with planned international expansion and related research as it relates to invoicing, VAT and required systems.
- Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing and/or reviewing journal entries, reconciliations or other analytics as requested.
- Evaluate current revenue process, accounting, systems and procedures to identify scalable alternatives for improvement to support best in class order-to-cash processes. Partner with various departments to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and support new business initiatives.
- Create audit-ready memos for significant and non-standard sales contracts and lead external auditors in connection with revenue and A/R related audit procedures.
- Provide detailed revenue analysis to support FP&A, senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Assist with evaluating and implementing the impact of ASC 606.
- Manage review of Salesforce opportunities/data to ensure accuracy and completeness. Work with Business Operations to resolve any issues.
- Confirm appropriate sales tax research to ensure:
- Proper taxation of fees billed and timely filing of sales tax returns.
- Avalara sales tax system is with up-to-date information regarding nexus and sales tax registrations.
- Manage the A/R process to ensure that billing and revenue are aligned including but not limited to:
- Review invoices in a timely manner for accuracy.
- Monitor A/R aging and ensure timely collection of past due balances; assist with and escalate customer collections, as necessary.
- Review A/R and related allowance for doubtful accounts balances and related reconciliation on a monthly and timely basis.
- Managing establishment of accounts receivable reserves, as necessary.
- Oversee communications with clients regarding billing inquiries, contract questions and other related issues.
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience, with at least 3-4 years in a large national or Big 4 accounting firm, two years at a Software as a Service (SaaS) company showing years achieving progressively increased areas of responsibility handling complex revenue streams.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance and CPA required.
- Strong understanding and experience dealing with auditors on SaaS and professional services per ASC 605 and upcoming ASC 606.
- Systems experience including working with with QuickBooks, Salesforce, Avatax and NetSuite (preferred). Implementing accounting and/or revenue systems is a big plus.
- Experience in a high growth, rapidly changing work environment required. Must be able to work with a strong sense of urgency both as an individual contributor and as a team leader.
- Demonstrated revenue operations process improvement experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must be comfortable connecting with and communicating with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent listening, comprehending and clearly articulating perspectives are essential skills required for this role.
- Strong knowledge of Excel and Google docs, including pivot tables and vlookup formulas required.
- Self-motivated and efficient with high standards for quality of results and processes. Ability to be proactive and identify areas for improvement.
- Exceptionally strong judgement and unimpeachable integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail including:
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities effectively to meet deadlines.
- Possessing a willingness to take on new projects and challenges.
- Intrinsic desire to seek solutions, achieve results, complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Maintaining a focus and positive attitude during high volume of work while multi-tasking with changing priorities.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over an estimated $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago. At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.