Data DevOps Engineer
New York, NY
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to the financial world. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More than 200 single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations track more than $550 billion of assets on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
At its core, Addepar is a data company. We collect position, transaction and security information from nearly 100 custodial banks, as well as market data from many well known data providers. Addepar has built an ETL pipeline to integrate all of this data and ship it to clients on a daily basis. The Data Engineering group at Addepar focuses on the systems and processes that make up this pipeline.
As a Data DevOps Engineer at Addepar, you will utilize your combination of Linux and networking experience, scripting abilities, information security and debugging skills to support all operational aspects of Addepar's data platform.
You will be joining the DevOps and Security team, working very closely with a multidisciplinary group of Finance and Engineering professionals who comprise the Addepar Data team. You will be responsible for helping to design, deploy and scale the data platform that lies at the heart of Addepar. You should have a background in large-scale system administration and be familiar with open-source technologies such as Jenkins, Salt, MongoDB and MySQL
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Previous experience building and monitoring distributed data platforms
- Ability to analyze technical trade-offs to drive decisions and solutions forward
- Ability to work smoothly with other engineers and mentor others in areas of expertise.
- Experience with Amazon's AWS APIs, Python and/or shell scripting is preferred
- An affinity for high-pressure, tactical, engineering work and a willingness to be on-call.
- 4+ years of experience
- Be responsible for the overall health and performance of Addepar’s data platform.
- Build reliable infrastructure components from the ground up to deliver highly scalable services.
- Know standard security practices and identify any potential application-specific vulnerabilities.
- Develop tools. We want engineers who can automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Linux environments.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of our systems and contribute to their overall design.
- Work with development teams to enhance, document and establish processes and generally improve the operability and security of our systems.