Software Engineer - Distributed Data Processing
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system designed to bring common sense and ethical, data-driven investing to the financial world. Addepar handles all types of assets in any currency so investors and advisors have a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. With customizable reporting, financial managers can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. More more than $550 billion of assets are managed by multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations on Addepar's platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
Behind the Addepar platform we are building a highly scalable and reliable computation engine for finance. The computation engine will allow developers on Addepar’s platform to easily express financial calculations. The engine behind the scenes will determine the best execution path , data and resources needed to run calculations. Think of it as Spark for Finance.
- Building the next generation financial computation engine.
- Write server side code for working with large-scale distributed systems.
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
Minimum Qualifications :
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of experience in backend, database and distributed systems frameworks, with 2 years of system level experience.
- Experience with one or more programming languages including Java.
Preferred Qualifications :
- MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience in backend, distributed systems frameworks like Apache Spark, with 2 years of system level experience.
- Solid experience with Java, databases and building production services.