New York, NY
Addepar is an investment management technology company that empowers investors and advisors to navigate the increasingly complex world of finance. Combining world-class engineering with deep investment expertise, our extraordinary team is re-imagining and fundamentally improving how technology delivers integrity, transparency, and impact to the growing complexities of one of the world’s largest industries. Addepar builds technology that simplifies sophisticated portfolio analysis and reporting, empowering the modern investor to make more informed decisions based on immediate, accurate insights.
We are building technology that will transform global finance. By unlocking financial data and putting it at investors’ fingertips, we empower investment managers to analyze portfolios and act with unparalleled insight. To tackle this ambitious goal, we pair first-class technology with a relentless focus on user experience, fundamentally rethinking how financial technology works.
As a Product Manager at Addepar, you are responsible for building the tools that are transforming the wealth management industry. Product Managers at Addepar sit at the intersection of software development, design, and business strategy. We shape high-level product goals but also get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might prototype a new feature, analyze usage data, and pair with an engineer on implementation. We have ultimate responsibility for the specification, design, and implementation of our software.
The ideal candidate is entrepreneurial-minded and thrives in a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. You have experience building software products and taking ideas from conception to launch. You are passionate about both using technology to solve real user problems and creating a great user experience.
- Own the specification and delivery of product features and internal tools
- Challenge prevailing assumptions about how problems can be solved
- Prioritize the development queue under provided technology and business objectives
- Measure and communicate development progress
- Work closely with engineering on implementation to ensure the product meets specified requirements
- Conduct market research and user testing
- Determine when to ship and when to continue iterating
- Understand Addepar’s strategic position and deliver innovative products that align with this strategy
- 3+ years of product management or related experience
- Intuitive sense for what makes great software
- Advocate of an engineering culture that allows builders to build
- Empathy for clients and colleagues
- Self-starter that can both identify and solve problems
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Code literate
- [Bonus] Experience in finance