Head of Product Marketing
Mountain View, CA
Sales & Marketing – Marketing
As our product marketing leader, you will be in a unique position to shape how technology is used to transform one of the biggest and most valuable markets the US: Finance.
This role is responsible for developing and executing the go-to-market strategy and plans in collaboration with product, sales, services as well as your marketing colleagues. You are energized by the challenge of creating compelling strategies to grow the business and driving marketing that shakes up the market.
The Head of Product Marketing will create highly compelling messaging, assemble robust sales tools, drive impactful content sales enablement & collaborate on demand generation campaigns to enable revenue growth. You will be laser focused on ensuring that we have strong programs in place to help our sales teams meet their pipeline & revenue goals. You will also forge industry and customer relationships in order to shape the vision in our space, help customers tell their stories and drive our category leadership.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Enterprise SaaS marketer, ideally with knowledge of the finance industry. This role reports to the VP Marketing closely partnering with Product Management, Sales and Services.
- Messaging & Positioning: Own Addepar’s product/platform positioning and messaging. Develop and articulate compelling value propositions that are clear, differentiated and defensible.
- Customer Segmentation: Develop an intimate understanding of our customers and their most pressing business challenges through market interactions, research and feedback loops. Understand the customer buying process and use cases to properly target and maximize the impact of marketing efforts.
- Content Engine: Drive efforts to produce collateral with compelling narratives that engage our customers at all stages of the customer lifecycle.
- Competition: Understand the competitive landscape, and identify opportunities to reinforce Addepar’s competitive differentiation and position us to win.
- Sales Enablement: Create and deliver materials for the sales and services team and partners, including sales training, presentation materials, solution briefs, FAQs, and battle cards that help drive solution adoption and create sales excitement & success.
- Go to marketing strategy incl. pricing, packaging and communicating how to sell to the sales and services teams
- Launches: Lead, coordinate, and work across the marketing, product management, and sales teams to execute product launches that highlight our innovations and drive demand.
- Measurement: Define and report KPIs to track product adoption and revenue targets
- Collaborate with other members of the marketing team to develop programs to drive demand and grow the sales pipeline
- Thought leadership: Partner closely with the industry experts and Analyst and PR teams to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevance in the market; represent Addepar at trade shows, industry events and other thought leadership forums
- Develop strong partnerships and processes across the organization to enable strategic decision-making
- Lead by exemplifying Addepar culture and values, inspiring product marketing and others across the company. Develop team leads to operate at their greatest potential through best practices, processes and day-to-day coaching.
- 10+ years in product marketing/product management experience, SaaS marketing
- Strong technical proficiency
- Ability to balance longer term strategy with operational execution; strong bias to action/gets stuff done. Ability to work through ambiguity with ease
- Exceptional communication skills – must have strong ability to distill complexity into crisp, easily comprehensible and compelling messaging; capacity for storytelling.
- Strong business acumen, as well as strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities to draw conclusions based on data
- Comfort working with C-level customers (with the confidence to influence them)
- Excellent at leadership and team development; experience building and scaling teams
- Ability to travel periodically (approximately 15-20%)
Addepar is a leading provider of technology for the wealth management industry. The company’s performance reporting and analytics platform aggregates portfolio, market, and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with leading financial advisors, family offices, and large financial institutions that manage over $1.3 trillion of assets on the company’s platform. In 2018, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 and received Morgan Stanley's Fintech Award for making significant impact to the firm’s mission of continuous innovation. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.