Communications & PR Support Associate
New York, NY
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage $750 billion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Chicago, and Salt Lake City.
This role will provide leverage and support to the Head of Communications and PR across all of his internal and external written communications.
Your responsibilities will consist of shadowing the Head of Communications & PR by working closely with him one-on-one and attending meetings with other stakeholders, writing emails and other communications, capturing and tracking follow-ups.
This role is not for the faint of heart. In this role you will need to be able to understand conceptual frameworks and translate them into writing. You must have high empathy, listen well, type fast, and have common sense and grit. It is critical that you enjoy working in a support capacity, are able to drive projects to completion in a timely manner, and are passionate about getting it right vs being right.
- Capture conceptual frameworks and put them into written communications
- Write and edit internal and external communications
- Attend all Communications & PR related meetings and capture follow ups
- Write all project communication status updates to stakeholders
Knowledge & Skills
- Able to pull written communications together based on general direction and not require granular/prescriptive instruction (strength in lateral thinking)
- Exemplary communicator - Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- Flexible, open minded, comfortable asking questions, shows initiative
- Ability to develop a deep understanding in area of responsibilities and expertise in order to be an effective partner; especially as network of responsibilities and relationships expands
- The ideal candidate would have some level of PR and/or Marketing background and basic understanding of PR and/or Marketing concepts
- Bachelor’s degree