Front End Infrastructure Engineer - Ember.js
Mountain View, CA
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $650 billion in assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Silicon Valley, New York, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
Addepar is hiring Ember infrastructure engineers! As one of the largest and most complex Ember.js applications in production, Addepar is constantly pushing the boundaries of what is possible in the framework and in the browser itself. Our product makes full use of Ember, pushing it to its limits to deliver a native-like app experience to our users. We deal with loading and displaying large amounts of financial data, generated on-the-fly as users query our Global Financial Graph; Report creation, editing, and generation (think like a supercharged financial version of PowerPoint); bulk importing and manipulating large streams of data; and many more technically challenging problems.
- Maintain Addepar’s codebase to keep it up to date with the latest versions and best practices of Ember and other libraries
- Solve optimization problems in the browser for large applications - Everything from memory usage to rendering speed
- Contribute back to open source libraries and frameworks, including Ember, Ember Data, Ember Table, and Smoke & Mirrors
- Research current and future changes to browser APIs to determine how to make Addepar and Ember faster and better
- 1 Year experience with Ember.js or 3 years experience with React/Angular/Other JS Frameworks
- Passion for Open Source Software and contributing back to the community
- Love for infrastructure - This team does not work directly on product features