Senior Site Reliability Engineer
New York, NY
R&D – Engineering
As a member of the Site Reliability Engineering team, you will work closely with product, business, and engineering teams with experience from some of the best financial and technical firms in the world. You will be responsible for helping to design, deploy and scale the underlying platform that lies at the heart of Addepar.
Site Reliability Engineering combines software and system engineering to build and run large-scale fault-tolerant distributed systems. The SRE team ensures that Addepar delivers and improves upon the near-constant uptime, low latency, high-throughput performance our clients have come to expect from our product. The team is responsible for capacity planning, performance monitoring, and building powerful infrastructure and internal tooling to support our development teams as well as alerting and recovering when the unexpected leads to disaster. We partner with software engineering hand-in-hand throughout the software development life cycle, from design to release, to ensure that the software Addepar ships can gracefully handle everything from traffic spikes and network outages to hardware failures.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Previous experience building and monitoring distributed platforms.
- Ability to analyze technical trade-offs to drive decisions and solutions forward.
- Experience with container management and orchestration tools like Kubernetes, Mesos or Docker Swarm.
- Experience with systems administration, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Familiarity with a variety of programming paradigms and languages.
- Experience with open-source technologies such as Jenkins, Docker, Salt, Kafka, RDBMS and NoSQL Solutions.
- An affinity for high-pressure, tactical, engineering work and a willingness to be on-call.
- Experience with Amazon's AWS APIs, Python and/or shell scripting is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience.
- Be responsible for the overall health and performance of Addepar’s underlying infrastructure.
- Participate in the optimization of the entire lifecycle of services - Deployment, Scaling, Monitoring and Optimization.
- Know standard security practices and identify any potential infrastructure-specific vulnerabilities.
- Develop tools. We want engineers who can automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale Linux environments.
- Gain deep application-level knowledge of our systems and contribute to their overall design.
- Work with development teams to enhance, document and establish processes and generally improve the operability and security of our systems.
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.