Manager, Quality Engineering
New York, NY
R&D – Engineering
We are looking for a highly motivated and technical hands-on Manager, Quality Engineering from the finance or financial technology industries. In this role, you will lead the innovative, fast-growing Quality Engineering team and help deliver our industry-disrupting software. The test engineering team is spread between our California and New York offices.
As the Manager, Quality Engineering, you will manage resources and execute on projects from the planning phase through final delivery of all features. You will be accountable for the quality of deliverables and releases to production.
- Apply expertise in financial calculations and accounting principals in testing quality of metrics and security models
- Build, lead and mentor a team of professional and trusted QA Analysts and SDETs spread between New York City and Mountain View, CA
- Manage team and internal resources to successfully execute on projects from the planning phase through final delivery of all features
- Plan and provide test support for ongoing releases and production hotfixes
- Assess, communicate and proactively prepare for the impact and risk of failures
- Partner with engineering and product management teams to get a deep understanding of the rich feature set of our platform
- Apply expertise in financial calculations and accounting principals in creating comprehensive test plans to cover all aspects of testing
- Collaborate with engineering and client-facing teams to assess risk and priorities of known bugs
- Provide regular status updates and quality risk assessment for releases
- Improve efficiency with test automation
- Share finance knowledge within the organization
- BS degree in Finance, Computer Science or equivalent work experience in financial services or financial technology industry
- 2+ years experience as a hands-on software test engineering manager in the financial services or financial technology space
- 5+ years experience testing complex web applications and RESTful APIs in financial services or financial technology industry
- Experience automating tests using open source or similar test frameworks: TestNG, QUnit, Selenium, REST Assured
- The position requires occasional travel (3-4 times a year) between the California and New York offices
- Strong analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Passion for testing, technology and finance
Addepar is the financial operating system that brings common sense and data-driven investing to our financial world. Addepar gives asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, all in one place. It handles all types of assets denominated in any currency. With customizable reporting, financial advisors can visualize and communicate relevant information to anyone who needs it. Secure, scalable, and fast, Addepar is purpose-built to power the global financial system. Hundreds of single and multi-family offices, wealth advisors, large financial institutions, endowments, and foundations manage over $1 trillion of assets on the Addepar platform. Addepar has offices in Mountain View, New York City, Salt Lake City, and Chicago.
At Addepar, we rely on a range of backgrounds, experiences, and ideas. We value diversity, and we’re proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity workplace.